DEBATE with TXU - OilPatch Dems action

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      This is not yet a press release, but it is an invitation to anyone
      who is interested enough to want to participate or assist in
      logistics.

      The OilPatch Democrats are attempting to arrange a debate regarding
      the fast tracking of the proposed new coal-fired power plants. Best
      case scenario would be if this attracts the attention of the
      mainstream media and helps to get the general public aware of the
      issue.

      John Preston, Acting Director of OilPatch Democrats, is working on
      getting a representative of TXU to participate by presenting the case
      for these new plants. As one might guess, this is a delicate
      negotiation, since the TXU rep almost certainly knows he is going to
      be addressing an audience of people who are already opposed to the
      plan, or at least, not on his side.

      Any group with a dog in that fight...um...I mean, an interest in this
      subject is invited to co-sponsor, especially if you can assist with
      such things as finding a venue (we still don't know how many people
      might attend) disseminating press releases, inviting the press (no
      firm date yet, so no real press release yet) or a hundred other
      things that will make this happen.
      [thing is, as OilPatch Democrats, we all have full-time day jobs in
      careers that have nothing to do with event planning]

      Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone on your mailing list
      who represents an environmental activist group, progressive political
      interest group or otherwise would like to help make this event into
      publicity for the cause.

      As far as I know the date is set for Tuesday, February 6th.

      Randy Scott
      OilPatch Democrats
      713-683-9531