Re: [hreg] Residential Green Building

  • donald cook
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
      Ariel, I am looking for solstice activities to participate in, although I
      was focusing more on the actual date, 12-22-06. Is this 12-16-06 party
      crashable? I wouldn't want to be too out of line. -- Don

      From: "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@...>
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      CC: <merctt@...>
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Residential Green Building
      Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:37:16 -0600 (CST)

      Darn, I really want to go, but I have to be at a Solstice Party that starts
      at 1
      p.m. off Westheimer between Chimney Rock and Hillcroft. That's almost an
      hour's
      drive from the open house.

      I'll try to be at the open house as it begins, for a very quick look-see and
      then dash into town.

      Ariel
      generations.
      ------------------------------------

      > OPEN HOUSE
      > Newest green building residential project in the Houston area
      > SATURDAY DECEMBER 16 12-4 PM
      > 16711 Tankersley Dr.
      > Rosharon, TX 77583
      >
      > Participant in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
      > (LEED � H) project
      >
      > Green Features include:
      > Structural Insulated Panel Thermal Envelope
      > Passive Solar Design
      > Solar Hot Water
      > Miele Energy Efficient Appliances
      >

      > Directions: HWY 288 south to FM 1462
      > Rt on 1462 � continue straight through
      > Traffic light at 521 (about 3 mi from 288)
      > Left on Tankersley 2.5 miles past 521. It's the 4th entrance into
      Suncreek
      > Ranch.
      > House is about � mile on left

    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
        Don:

        It's the annual shingdig of the Houston Freethought Alliance (primarily
        Humanists of Houston, Houston Church of Freethought, Montgomery County Humanists
        plus many assorted non-joining individuals). I think you would find a good fit.
        I'm CC'ing Art Fay, who is coordinating it all, and I think there are still a
        very few spots left. If I haven't deleted it, I'll forward you the "final
        announcement" Art sent out last night.

        Art:

        Don Cook is one of the Green Party honchos, and from what I know of his ideas,
        he really belongs in the freethough movement.

        Ariel
        generations.