RE: [hreg] Top News - 4 Die in Missouri As Temperatures Plunge

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

      Hi Bashir, You’re forgiven!!

      Regards,  Kevin

      ________________________

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar

      Stafford, TX 77477-4536

      Local (281) 340-1224

      Toll Free (877) 340-1224

      Fax 281 340 1230

      kconlin@...

      www.solarcraft.net

      From: Bashir Syed [mailto:bsyed@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 7:10 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Top News - 4 Die in Missouri As Temperatures Plunge

      Kevin:

      Greetings! Your point was well taken. Sometime I forget to delete the attachments. To err is human, and to forgive divine!

      Regards,

      Bashir A. Syed

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

        Tempest in a teapot!

        This morning when I read Bashir’s message very quickly, I initially thought it was not only off-topic but off-base:  claiming that the deaths were due to not having renewable resources.  But Bashir is normally such a reasonable member of this forum, I couldn’t believe that he would use such poor judgment and draw such unscientific conclusions, so I read it a second and then a third time, and realized that isn’t what he was trying to say at all.  I think his point was simply that—as gulf-coast hurricane victims can also attest—natural disasters, storms, etc., lead to power outages on a regular basis.  If everyone had an emergency “off the grid” backup power supply (or heating, if living up north) and lighting source, they’d be prepared for a “rainy day”, as Bashir put it.  Read that way, I think Bashir makes a good point and it is on-topic.  Wouldn’t you agree?

        As for the 8 attachments, if you view the message in a full HTML reader, I think you’ll see that they are just embedded icons, etc., in article that he attached.  It isn’t as if Bashir attached a bunch of stuff to his text message.

        So... everyone take a deep breath and be glad you aren’t living in Missouri , and let’s chill out Texas style.  J

        Robert Johnston