RE: [hreg] Top News - 4 Die in Missouri As Temperatures Plunge

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

      Tai,  First of all, my name is Kevin, not Kelvin.  We all have our soft spots and beliefs, but that is not what this website is all about, and it has nothing to do with God or bad weather in Missouri, it has to do with sharing information about renewable energy.  I merely asked Bashir not to send 8 attachments, which I and I’m sure others opened up, that have nothing to do with the topic or intent of this list.  I was merely asking him to be more considerate, and would ask you to do the same, if you want to talk philosophy or crying about SUV’s then please contact me offline and do not waste everyone’s time.

      Thank you.

      ________________________

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar

      Stafford, TX 77477-4536

      Local (281) 340-1224

      Toll Free (877) 340-1224

      Fax 281 340 1230

      kconlin@...

      www.solarcraft.net

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

        Kevin:
        Greetings! Your point was well taken. Sometime I forget to delete the attachments. To err is human, and to forgive divine!
        Regards,

        Bashir A. Syed

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

          Hi Bashir, You’re forgiven!!

          Regards,  Kevin

          ________________________

          Kevin Conlin

          Solarcraft, Inc.

          4007 C Greenbriar

          Stafford, TX 77477-4536

          Local (281) 340-1224

          Toll Free (877) 340-1224

          Fax 281 340 1230

          kconlin@...

          www.solarcraft.net

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

            Tempest in a teapot!

            This morning when I read Bashir’s message very quickly, I initially thought it was not only off-topic but off-base:  claiming that the deaths were due to not having renewable resources.  But Bashir is normally such a reasonable member of this forum, I couldn’t believe that he would use such poor judgment and draw such unscientific conclusions, so I read it a second and then a third time, and realized that isn’t what he was trying to say at all.  I think his point was simply that—as gulf-coast hurricane victims can also attest—natural disasters, storms, etc., lead to power outages on a regular basis.  If everyone had an emergency “off the grid” backup power supply (or heating, if living up north) and lighting source, they’d be prepared for a “rainy day”, as Bashir put it.  Read that way, I think Bashir makes a good point and it is on-topic.  Wouldn’t you agree?

            As for the 8 attachments, if you view the message in a full HTML reader, I think you’ll see that they are just embedded icons, etc., in article that he attached.  It isn’t as if Bashir attached a bunch of stuff to his text message.

            So... everyone take a deep breath and be glad you aren’t living in Missouri , and let’s chill out Texas style.  J

            Robert Johnston

            Tai,  First of all, my name is Kevin, not Kelvin.  We all have our soft spots and beliefs, but that is not what this website is all about, and it has nothing to do with God or bad weather in Missouri, it has to do with sharing information about renewable energy.  I merely asked Bashir not to send 8 attachments, which I and I’m sure others opened up, that have nothing to do with the topic or intent of this list.  I was merely asking him to be more considerate, and would ask you to do the same, if you want to talk philosophy or crying about SUV’s then please contact me offline and do not waste everyone’s time.

            Thank you.

            ____________ _________ ___

            Kevin Conlin

            Solarcraft, Inc.

            4007 C Greenbriar

            Stafford, TX 77477-4536

            Local (281) 340-1224

            Toll Free (877) 340-1224

            Fax 281 340 1230

            kconlin@solarcraft. net

            www.solarcraft. net

            This is the result of total dependence on conventional energy sources. When people choose alternates for the rainy days, that is the key for the survival. Everyone must have access to ALTERNATE source of Energy to meet such challenges for survival! Solar for Lighting (even inexpensive Solar Lanterns) and biomass pellets for home heating, plus emergency rations.

            AT&T Worldnet.

            Top News

            Email This Pagenews logo