RE: [hreg] Re: 100% wind energy available from Reliant

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006
      TXU is the utility I'm most irritated with for their hardball program to flood the Texas electricity market with so many dirty coal-fired electricity generating plants and increase Texas air pollution so much.

      Another way to support wind electricity is to buy buy "renewable energy credits" to offset your dirty electricity from an online retailer such as www.txipl.org  It's cheaper that way.   If you buy a few more to also offset your driving, then your net impact on the climate is zero.  You become carbon neutral and have thus done your fair share of climate protection.

      Nan Hildreth

      At 12:38 PM 11/27/2006, Kevin Conlin wrote:

      Reliant is also adamantly opposed to the state mandate that all utilities are required to utilize some renewables as part of the Portfolio Standards for the State.  They recently testified against these standards with the argument that they opposed ┬ôsubsidizing┬ö renewables.  Talk about subsidies, have a closer look at the South Texas nuclear plant in Bay City.  Nuclear power plants have been subsidized to the tune of $260 billion dollars to date, can you imagine what impact that type of development subsidy would have on the renewable industry?

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar

      Stafford, TX 77477-4536