Thanks for Renewable Energy Supporters

  • mewert@houston.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2006
      I'm thankful for renewable energy supporters like you, helping to
      improve the world we live in. Even though we need more, there are quite
      a few out there - homeowners, scientists and even politicians. Here's
      one you might be surprised at.

      "Mikhail Gorbachev called on the Group of 8 nations to create a 10-year,
      $50 billion Global Solar Fund. He noted that combined subsidies for
      wind and solar amount to a mere $5.5 billion, compared to nuclear
      energy, which received $260 billion in direct and indirect subsidies
      between 1947 and 1999."

      Source:
      Solar Today Sept/Oct 2006
      http://www.solartoday.org/index.htm