Re: Egan & Hinson

  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lunce <Lunce@...> wrote:

      > Just wanted to relate my experience with Egan & Hinson this
      evening. He
      > was very rude and hang up the phone in my ear.
      >
      > I asked them check my parent's heating system for the winter,
      which they
      > did yesterday. Ron with Egan and Hinson called me and told me
      that the
      > unit is old and needs to be replaced. He said the current valve
      is bad,
      > and needs replacement, the unit is rusted although his person
      cannot see
      > any cracks. So I asked for his recommendation for the energy
      efficient
      > model. He said the top of the line fournace is Trane TUE080-A936
      and
      > will cost $3250 plus tax. I looked on the website but could not
      find
      > the data sheet at
      > http://trane.com/Residential/SelectSystem/HPandF.aspx. I asked
      him send
      > me an information sheet please, since I cannot find the technical
      data
      > online. I have a friend who works for Trane, but I probably won't
      be
      > able to get hold of him until next week. He said he just lost the
      > number of the unit. Then he said that I was shopping him and hang
      up
      > the phone in my ear.
      >
      > They must be making too much money.

    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
        Lunce,
        Check these links out, they may help identify what you need.
        ACdirect is out of Florida, their line of Goodman/Trane products are
        I believe built here in Houston. Building Science Corp. is great for
        formulas and advanced HVAC info.

        Bill Stange

        http://www.acdirect.com/?gclid=CIvB6YWYsIQCFQMOOAod9mOgDQ
        http://www.alpinehomeair.com/AC-choosingsize.cfm
        http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lunce <Lunce@...> wrote:

        > Just wanted to relate my experience with Egan & Hinson this
        evening. He
        > was very rude and hang up the phone in my ear.
        >
        > I asked them check my parent's heating system for the winter,
        which they
        > did yesterday. Ron with Egan and Hinson called me and told me
        that the
        > unit is old and needs to be replaced. He said the current valve
        is bad,
        > and needs replacement, the unit is rusted although his person
        cannot see
        > any cracks. So I asked for his recommendation for the energy
        efficient
        > model. He said the top of the line fournace is Trane TUE080-A936
        and
        > will cost $3250 plus tax. I looked on the website but could not
        find
        > the data sheet at
        > http://trane.com/Residential/SelectSystem/HPandF.aspx. I asked
        him send
        > me an information sheet please, since I cannot find the technical
        data
        > online. I have a friend who works for Trane, but I probably won't
        be
        > able to get hold of him until next week. He said he just lost the
        > number of the unit. Then he said that I was shopping him and hang
        up
        > the phone in my ear.
        >
        > They must be making too much money.

      • David Power
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006

          Lunce,

          I would give Central City Air a call. I don’t think there is a better heating and cooling company in Houston, very efficient units designed for the Houston climate and a great team of installers. It doesn’t matter how good the gear is if the installation is botched..

          713-861-1977

          http://www.centralcityair.com/index2.htm

          Highly Recommended

          David Power