Egan & Hinson

  • Lunce
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2006
      Just wanted to relate my experience with Egan & Hinson this evening. He
      was very rude and hang up the phone in my ear.

      I asked them check my parent's heating system for the winter, which they
      did yesterday. Ron with Egan and Hinson called me and told me that the
      unit is old and needs to be replaced. He said the current valve is bad,
      and needs replacement, the unit is rusted although his person cannot see
      any cracks. So I asked for his recommendation for the energy efficient
      model. He said the top of the line fournace is Trane TUE080-A936 and
      will cost $3250 plus tax. I looked on the website but could not find
      the data sheet at
      http://trane.com/Residential/SelectSystem/HPandF.aspx. I asked him send
      me an information sheet please, since I cannot find the technical data
      online. I have a friend who works for Trane, but I probably won't be
      able to get hold of him until next week. He said he just lost the
      number of the unit. Then he said that I was shopping him and hang up
      the phone in my ear.

      They must be making too much money.
    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
          Lunce,
          Check these links out, they may help identify what you need.
          ACdirect is out of Florida, their line of Goodman/Trane products are
          I believe built here in Houston. Building Science Corp. is great for
          formulas and advanced HVAC info.

          Bill Stange

          http://www.acdirect.com/?gclid=CIvB6YWYsIQCFQMOOAod9mOgDQ
          http://www.alpinehomeair.com/AC-choosingsize.cfm
          http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lunce <Lunce@...> wrote:

          > Just wanted to relate my experience with Egan & Hinson this
          evening. He
          > was very rude and hang up the phone in my ear.
          >
          > I asked them check my parent's heating system for the winter,
          which they
          > did yesterday. Ron with Egan and Hinson called me and told me
          that the
          > unit is old and needs to be replaced. He said the current valve
          is bad,
          > and needs replacement, the unit is rusted although his person
          cannot see
          > any cracks. So I asked for his recommendation for the energy
          efficient
          > model. He said the top of the line fournace is Trane TUE080-A936
          and
          > will cost $3250 plus tax. I looked on the website but could not
          find
          > the data sheet at
          > http://trane.com/Residential/SelectSystem/HPandF.aspx. I asked
          him send
          > me an information sheet please, since I cannot find the technical
          data
          > online. I have a friend who works for Trane, but I probably won't
          be
          > able to get hold of him until next week. He said he just lost the
          > number of the unit. Then he said that I was shopping him and hang
          up
          > the phone in my ear.
          >
          > They must be making too much money.

        • David Power
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006

            Lunce,

            I would give Central City Air a call. I don’t think there is a better heating and cooling company in Houston, very efficient units designed for the Houston climate and a great team of installers. It doesn’t matter how good the gear is if the installation is botched..

            713-861-1977

            http://www.centralcityair.com/index2.htm

            Highly Recommended

            David Power