Re: [hreg] Re: Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs

  • John Miggins
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
      I don't think you will get a better price than the big box stores, selection is another matter and your purchasing power makes a statement in what you support.

      Wholesale cost of CFL's is around $2.00 to $5.00 depending on the size and qty and quality. the more you buy the cheaper but you will not find quality at products at less than this.

      given this, the choice to me would be to only buy Energy Star rated bulbs, then I would try and support a local business such as Lighting unlimited or natural lighting, my local hardware store- remember them? you may pay a higher price but the driving and total cost is cheaper.  They still make sense at $5.00 per bulb.

      Buy local the money circulates in the economy and does more good, it also supports your neighbors.  We are all connected.

      How about supportung the company who donated the 750 bulbs to the Solar Home Tour, Lighting Unlimited, they can be reached at  www.lulighing.com
      another source is  www.naturallighting.com
      Larry Weber is a local business, a member of HREG and have a great selection.

      Buy Local

      just my two cents for today-

      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar & Wind Power
      "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
      www.harvest-energy.com
      Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
        An excellent $.02 worth.
        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        At 08:55 AM 11/1/2006, you wrote:

        Buy Local

        just my two cents for today-

        John Miggins
        Harvest Solar & Wind Power
        "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
        www.harvest-energy.com
        Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
        Cell: 918-521-6223
      • Ariel Thomann
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2006
          Amen. I try to avoid 'big box' stores as much as possible, particularly WalMart. Let's
          keep Mom'n Pop in business.

          Ariel
          there is NO ONE who will help.