Re: [hreg] Re: Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs

  • H.C. Clark
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
      The free sample cfl's that HREG gave out last weekend at their meeting at the Bayou City Farmers' Market came from Lighting Inc., I think.
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
        I have gotten some in the discount section of the arlans grocery store in my neighborhood...but I think they tend to get the things like big lots that are overstocked
> [...]

        > > light bulbs use and last up to ten times longer. ENERGY STAR
        > > qualified bulbs come in sizes and shapes to fit almost any
        > fixture.
        > > Additionally, these energy-saving fluorescents produce only about
        > > 30% of the heat of standard incandescent bulbs, so they are safer
        > > operate and reduce home cooling requirements.
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/
        >
        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ join
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > mailto:hreg- dig! est@yaho ogroups.com
        > mailto:hreg- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

        > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces Check it out!

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • John Miggins
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
          I don't think you will get a better price than the big box stores, selection is another matter and your purchasing power makes a statement in what you support.

          Wholesale cost of CFL's is around $2.00 to $5.00 depending on the size and qty and quality. the more you buy the cheaper but you will not find quality at products at less than this.

          given this, the choice to me would be to only buy Energy Star rated bulbs, then I would try and support a local business such as Lighting unlimited or natural lighting, my local hardware store- remember them? you may pay a higher price but the driving and total cost is cheaper.  They still make sense at $5.00 per bulb.

          Buy local the money circulates in the economy and does more good, it also supports your neighbors.  We are all connected.

          How about supportung the company who donated the 750 bulbs to the Solar Home Tour, Lighting Unlimited, they can be reached at  www.lulighing.com
          another source is  www.naturallighting.com
          Larry Weber is a local business, a member of HREG and have a great selection.

          Buy Local

          just my two cents for today-

          John Miggins
          Harvest Solar & Wind Power
          "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
          www.harvest-energy.com
          Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
> [...]

          > > light bulbs use and last up to ten times longer. ENERGY STAR
          > > qualified bulbs come in sizes and shapes to fit almost any
          > fixture.
          > > Additionally, these energy-saving fluorescents produce only about
          > > 30% of the heat of standard incandescent bulbs, so they are safer
          > > operate and reduce home cooling requirements.
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/
          >
          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hreg/ join
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > mailto:hreg- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
          > mailto:hreg- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

          > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces Check it out!

        • Garth & Kim Travis
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
            An excellent $.02 worth.
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim

            At 08:55 AM 11/1/2006, you wrote:

            Buy Local

            just my two cents for today-

            John Miggins
            Harvest Solar & Wind Power
            "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
            www.harvest-energy.com
            Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
            Cell: 918-521-6223
          • Ariel Thomann
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2006
              Amen. I try to avoid 'big box' stores as much as possible, particularly WalMart. Let's
              keep Mom'n Pop in business.

              Ariel
              there is NO ONE who will help.