Global Warming Movie starts Friday

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
      New Global Warming Movie - Better Than An Inconvenient Truth?

      Some say The Great Warming is a better movie than an Inconvenient Truth.  It talks about what you can do about and what others are doing about it. Instead of featuring one rich white male, Al Gore, it interviews all kinds of folks around the world.  It talks about the morality of global warming including interviews with Christian environmentalists, such as Dr. Matthew Sleeth.  "It's more than just the heat .... our children's planet is at stake..."   says the movie.  www.thegreatwarming.com    http://vtcommons.org/node/508

      The Great Warming will open Friday, November 3rd, at Grand Palace Stadium 24, 3839 Wesleyan, that's between I-59 and Richmond between the Galleria and Greenway Plaza.    http://www.regmovies.com/   To get a free energy audit, return your ticket stub to the volunteer at the theater or mail it to www.thegreatwarming.com

      The major corporate sponsor of the movie is Swiss Re, the global insurance company.  Climate disruption threatens the insurance industry more than any other.  The huge re-insurance companies, like Swiss Re, end up holding the bag.  How do you insure Gulf Coast homes against torrential rain and hurricanes if the climate is changing?   Swiss Re and Munich Re have taken a hard look at the science and now work for climate protection.   http://www.swissre.com/INTERNET/pwswpspr.nsf/fmBookMarkFrameSet?ReadForm&BM=../vwAllbyIDKeyLu/croi-5vgkzn?OpenDocument

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      "Global warming is the greatest moral and spiritual crisis facing Earth's people."  Unitarian Universalist Ministry for the Earth.

    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
        Time?

        Ariel
        there is NO ONE who will help.
        ------------------------------------

        > New Global Warming Movie - Better Than An Inconvenient
        > Truth?
        > Some say The Great Warming is a better movie than an Inconvenient
        > Truth.  It talks about what you can do about and what others are doing about it.
        > Instead of featuring one rich white male, Al Gore, it interviews all kinds of folks
        > around the world.  It talks about the morality of global warming including
        > interviews with Christian
        > environmentalists, such as Dr. Matthew Sleeth.  "It's more than just the
        > heat .... our children's planet is at stake..."   says the movie.
        >
        > www.thegreatwarming.com
        >
        > http://vtcommons.org/node/508
        > The Great Warming will open Friday, November 3rd, at Grand Palace Stadium 24, 3839
        > Wesleyan, that's between I-59 and Richmond between the Galleria and Greenway
        > Plaza.
        >
        > http://www.regmovies.com/   To get a free energy audit,
        > return your ticket stub to the volunteer at the theater or mail it to
        >
        > www.thegreatwarming.com
        > The major corporate sponsor of the movie is Swiss Re, the global
        > insurance company.  Climate disruption threatens the insurance industry more than
        > any other.  The huge re-insurance companies, like Swiss Re, end up holding the
        > bag.  How do you insure Gulf Coast homes against torrential rain and hurricanes
        > if the climate is
        > changing?   Swiss Re and Munich Re have taken a hard look at the science and
        > now work for climate protection.
        >
        > http://www.swissre.com/INTERNET/pwswpspr.nsf/fmBookMarkFrameSet?ReadForm&BM=../vwAllbyIDKeyLu/croi-5vgkzn?OpenDocument
        >

        > Nan Hildreth, Houston
        > 713-842-6643
        >
        > www.HoustonClimateProtection.org
        > "Global warming is the greatest moral and spiritual crisis facing Earth's
        > people."  Unitarian Universalist Ministry for the Earth.

      • Patricia Wickers
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          Nan:

          A special thanks for the contribution that you make to our HREG group every week. I'm looking forward to meeting you. The articles that you share with us is always valid. They exhibit a trend for a choice of action, not just words. I'm sure that many others would agree that you are truly a trooper in the battle.

          Keep up the good work!

          Patricia Wickers
          EnviroBuild