Cspan Nuclear proposal

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2006
      Sorry to be in such a rush, for those of you who may have been online
      I thought you could still catch it while it was on TV. It seems that
      nuclear power may not be in the running to alleviate our energy
      needs!! Good news! Unless they pass on the obcene costs to the rate
      payers. Nowadays with the Euro being so high against the Dollar the
      average new nuke plant may cost out near 4 Billion dollars! Texas
      because of site qualities is numero uno in line. Renewables were
      barely discussed accounting for only 100 MW of production, so far.
      Discussion of "clean" nuclear was what they were hollering for even at
      such a cost. These talking heads of the nuclear commisions and heads
      of companies already realize (finally) that we have a problem! The
      Senator (whose name escapes me) from Mass. did however mention that
      the single most effective way for Americans to change is CONSERVATION,
      whether in light bulbs, appliances and energy saving Homes can and
      must make a change, temporary as it may be. Interesting series, I hope
      the transcripts are available for viewing/listening in their archives
      for Oct. 6th 2006.
      Cheers,
      Bill Stange