Re: [hreg] Texas wind

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
      Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the making of turbines
      and blades, which we should be making ourselves...

      Ariel
      there is NO ONE who will help.
      ------------------------------------

      > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought this group might be
      > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
      > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.html
      >
      > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is seeing direct economic
      > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of dollars of wind
      > equipment annually.
      >

      > Susan Williams Sloan
      > American Wind Energy Association
      > Wind Energy Works!
      > Austin, Texas
      > Office: 512/220-9063
      > Mobile: 202/906-9847
      >
      > www.awea.org
      > www.windenergyworks.org
      >
      > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix, AZ WINDPOWER 2007
      > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

    • susanw92003
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
        boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and
        Trinity Industries makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
        transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
        article about CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind
        success.
        http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
          Thanks, nice to know. From 1983-86 I lived in Wichita Falls (courtesy: USAF) and came
          away with the impression that some local company was a world leader in wind turbines;
          wonder whatever happened to that.

          Ariel
          there is NO ONE who will help.
          ------------------------------------

          > You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
          > boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and Trinity Industries
          > makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
          > transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this article about
          > CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind success.
          > http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539
          >

          > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
          > making of turbines
          >> and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
          >>
          >> Ariel
          >> - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
          > another, since otherwise
          >> there is NO ONE who will help.
          >> - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
          > ahead 7 generations.
          >> ------------------------------------
          >>
          >> > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
          > this group might be
          >> > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
          >> >
          > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.ht ml
          >> >
          >> > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
          > seeing direct economic
          >> > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
          > dollars of wind
          >> > equipment annually.
          >> >

          >> > Susan Williams Sloan
          >> > American Wind Energy Association
          >> > Wind Energy Works!
          >> > Austin, Texas
          >> > Office: 512/220-9063
          >> > Mobile: 202/906-9847
          >> >
          >> > www.awea.org
          >> > www.windenergyworks.org
          >> >
          >> > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
          > AZ WINDPOWER 2007
          >> > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kevin Conlin
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
            That probably was Carter Wind Systems. They were an early leader in Texas
            and the US, back when 30KW machines were the norm. Carter installed the
            very first commercial wind farm in Texas, it was only 5 machines as I
            recall, but I don't think they were able to make the transition to the
            larger turbines now so common. Jay Carter JR, the founder's son, went on to
            apply their turbine blade technology to helicopters

            ________________________

            Kevin Conlin

            Solarcraft, Inc.

            4007 C Greenbriar

            Stafford, TX 77477-4536

            Local (281) 340-1224

            Toll Free (877) 340-1224

            Fax 281 340 1230

            kconlin@...

            www.solarcraft.net

            Thanks, nice to know. From 1983-86 I lived in Wichita Falls (courtesy:
            USAF) and came
            away with the impression that some local company was a world leader in wind
            turbines;
            wonder whatever happened to that.

            Ariel
            otherwise
            there is NO ONE who will help.
            generations.
            ------------------------------------

            > You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
            > boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and Trinity
            Industries
            > makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
            > transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
            article about
            > CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind success.
            > http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539
            >

            > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
            > making of turbines
            >> and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
            >>
            >> Ariel
            >> - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
            > another, since otherwise
            >> there is NO ONE who will help.
            >> - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
            > ahead 7 generations.
            >> ------------------------------------
            >>
            >> > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
            > this group might be
            >> > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
            >> >
            > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.ht ml
            >> >
            >> > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
            > seeing direct economic
            >> > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
            > dollars of wind
            >> > equipment annually.
            >> >

            >> > Susan Williams Sloan
            >> > American Wind Energy Association
            >> > Wind Energy Works!
            >> > Austin, Texas
            >> > Office: 512/220-9063
            >> > Mobile: 202/906-9847
            >> >
            >> > www.awea.org
            >> > www.windenergyworks.org
            >> >
            >> > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
            > AZ WINDPOWER 2007
            >> > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Ariel Thomann
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
              Thanks for the good poop.

              I just googled you a bit, and have a question re. affordability for homes: are you
              familiar with the Aussie SunBall and its successor the SunCube? Any thoughts to share?
              http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/

              Ariel
              there is NO ONE who will help.
              ------------------------------------

            • Ed Sarlls
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                They merged with a French firm and lost control. Jay is now Carter Aviation
                Technologies,
                http://www.cartercopters.com/
                Sorry if I'm too far behind .
                Ed Sarlls

                > I just googled you a bit, and have a question re. affordability for homes:
                > are you
                > familiar with the Aussie SunBall and its successor the SunCube? Any
                > thoughts to share?
                > http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/
                >
                > Ariel
                > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another,
                > since otherwise
                > there is NO ONE who will help.
                > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                > generations.
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                >> That probably was Carter Wind Systems. They were an early leader in
                >> Texas and the US,
                >> back when 30KW machines were the norm. Carter installed the very first
                >> commercial
                >> wind farm in Texas, it was only 5 machines as I recall, but I don't think
                >> they were
                >> able to make the transition to the larger turbines now so common. Jay
                >> Carter JR, the
                >> founder's son, went on to apply their turbine blade technology to
                >> helicopters
                >>

                >> ________________________
                >>
                >> Kevin Conlin
                >>
                >> Solarcraft, Inc.
                >>
                >> 4007 C Greenbriar
                >>
                >> Stafford, TX 77477-4536
                >>
                >> Local (281) 340-1224
                >>
                >> Toll Free (877) 340-1224
                >>
                >> Fax 281 340 1230
                >>
                >> kconlin@...
                >>
                >> www.solarcraft.net
                >>

                >> Please make a note of our new contact information above.

              • Ahmad Solomon
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                  Dear friends,

                  In the meantime, I have made a specific email just for discussions, which is:

                  Who is in charge of the hreg website/discussion group to make this change?  Your assistance would be appreciated.

                  Ahmad Solomon

                  susanw92003 <ssloan@...> wrote:
                  You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
                  boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and
                  Trinity Industries makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
                  transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
                  article about CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind
                  success.
                  http://www.ktre. com/Global/ story.asp? S=5498539

                  --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@. ..> wrote:

                  > Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
                  making of turbines
                  > and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
                  >
                  > Ariel
                  > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
                  another, since otherwise
                  > there is NO ONE who will help.
                  > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
                  ahead 7 generations.
                  > ------------ --------- --------- ------
                  >
                  > > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
                  this group might be
                  > > interested in the Texas wind story this week.

                  http://www.dallasne ws.com/sharedcon tent/APStories/ stories/D8KGQ3E0 2.ht
                  ml

                  > > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
                  seeing direct economic
                  > > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
                  dollars of wind
                  > > equipment annually.
                  > >

                  > > Susan Williams Sloan
                  > > American Wind Energy Association
                  > > Wind Energy Works!
                  > > Austin, Texas
                  > > Office: 512/220-9063
                  > > Mobile: 202/906-9847
                  > >
                  > > www.awea.org
                  > > www.windenergyworks .org
                  > >
                  > > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
                  AZ WINDPOWER 2007
                  > > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

                • Garth & Kim Travis
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 8, 2006
                    Greetings,
                    As with all lists, you read the message to the very bottom where you will find all your options laid out.  Your email had the following message as a footer:

                    Make your choices and click on the appropriate link.

                    Bright Blessings,
                    Kim Travis

                    WhySolar@...

                    Who is in charge of the hreg website/discussion group to make this change?  Your assistance would be appreciated.

                    Ahmad Solomon
                  • johnjackwagner2
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008
                      So nice to be loved by MSM.

                      http://www.cnbc.com/id/25708335
                    • Henry Haynes
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008

                        Don’t think about what we could have done if we had taken the money that has gone into Iraq & put it on wind power & a delivery system.

                        HHH

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008
                          Maybe Build a Wind and Solar farm that could have supplied all the electricity Texas would ever need?   I saw recently on some program on the Science Channel that it was calculated that if you cover the state of Montana with wind generators, you could power the entire country off just those wind generators.  last I heard,  there weren't all that many people in Montana comparied to the rest of the country.  Something to think about.

                          DS