Texas wind

  • Susan Sloan
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4 3:33 PM
      I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought this group might be interested in the Texas wind story this week.

      Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is seeing direct economic benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of dollars of wind equipment annually.

      Susan Williams Sloan
      American Wind Energy Association
      Wind Energy Works!
      Austin, Texas
      Office:   512/220-9063
      Mobile:  202/906-9847

      AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix, AZ
      WINDPOWER 2007 Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4 4:31 PM
        Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the making of turbines
        and blades, which we should be making ourselves...

        Ariel
        there is NO ONE who will help.
        ------------------------------------

        > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought this group might be
        > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
        > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.html
        >
        > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is seeing direct economic
        > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of dollars of wind
        > equipment annually.
        >

        > Susan Williams Sloan
        > American Wind Energy Association
        > Wind Energy Works!
        > Austin, Texas
        > Office: 512/220-9063
        > Mobile: 202/906-9847
        >
        > www.awea.org
        > www.windenergyworks.org
        >
        > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix, AZ WINDPOWER 2007
        > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

      • susanw92003
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5 2:33 PM
          You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
          boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and
          Trinity Industries makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
          transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
          article about CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind
          success.
          http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6 9:26 AM
            Thanks, nice to know. From 1983-86 I lived in Wichita Falls (courtesy: USAF) and came
            away with the impression that some local company was a world leader in wind turbines;
            wonder whatever happened to that.

            Ariel
            there is NO ONE who will help.
            ------------------------------------

            > You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
            > boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and Trinity Industries
            > makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
            > transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this article about
            > CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind success.
            > http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539
            >

            > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
            > making of turbines
            >> and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
            >>
            >> Ariel
            >> - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
            > another, since otherwise
            >> there is NO ONE who will help.
            >> - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
            > ahead 7 generations.
            >> ------------------------------------
            >>
            >> > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
            > this group might be
            >> > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
            >> >
            > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.ht ml
            >> >
            >> > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
            > seeing direct economic
            >> > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
            > dollars of wind
            >> > equipment annually.
            >> >

            >> > Susan Williams Sloan
            >> > American Wind Energy Association
            >> > Wind Energy Works!
            >> > Austin, Texas
            >> > Office: 512/220-9063
            >> > Mobile: 202/906-9847
            >> >
            >> > www.awea.org
            >> > www.windenergyworks.org
            >> >
            >> > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
            > AZ WINDPOWER 2007
            >> > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kevin Conlin
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6 12:04 PM
              That probably was Carter Wind Systems. They were an early leader in Texas
              and the US, back when 30KW machines were the norm. Carter installed the
              very first commercial wind farm in Texas, it was only 5 machines as I
              recall, but I don't think they were able to make the transition to the
              larger turbines now so common. Jay Carter JR, the founder's son, went on to
              apply their turbine blade technology to helicopters

              ________________________

              Kevin Conlin

              Solarcraft, Inc.

              4007 C Greenbriar

              Stafford, TX 77477-4536

              Local (281) 340-1224

              Toll Free (877) 340-1224

              Fax 281 340 1230

              kconlin@...

              www.solarcraft.net

              Thanks, nice to know. From 1983-86 I lived in Wichita Falls (courtesy:
              USAF) and came
              away with the impression that some local company was a world leader in wind
              turbines;
              wonder whatever happened to that.

              Ariel
              otherwise
              there is NO ONE who will help.
              generations.
              ------------------------------------

              > You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
              > boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and Trinity
              Industries
              > makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
              > transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
              article about
              > CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind success.
              > http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=5498539
              >

              > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
              > making of turbines
              >> and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
              >>
              >> Ariel
              >> - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
              > another, since otherwise
              >> there is NO ONE who will help.
              >> - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
              > ahead 7 generations.
              >> ------------------------------------
              >>
              >> > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
              > this group might be
              >> > interested in the Texas wind story this week.
              >> >
              > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8KGQ3E02.ht ml
              >> >
              >> > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
              > seeing direct economic
              >> > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
              > dollars of wind
              >> > equipment annually.
              >> >

              >> > Susan Williams Sloan
              >> > American Wind Energy Association
              >> > Wind Energy Works!
              >> > Austin, Texas
              >> > Office: 512/220-9063
              >> > Mobile: 202/906-9847
              >> >
              >> > www.awea.org
              >> > www.windenergyworks.org
              >> >
              >> > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
              > AZ WINDPOWER 2007
              >> > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Ariel Thomann
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 6 1:01 PM
                Thanks for the good poop.

                I just googled you a bit, and have a question re. affordability for homes: are you
                familiar with the Aussie SunBall and its successor the SunCube? Any thoughts to share?
                http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/

                Ariel
                there is NO ONE who will help.
                ------------------------------------

              • Ed Sarlls
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6 6:09 PM
                  They merged with a French firm and lost control. Jay is now Carter Aviation
                  Technologies,
                  http://www.cartercopters.com/
                  Sorry if I'm too far behind .
                  Ed Sarlls

                  > I just googled you a bit, and have a question re. affordability for homes:
                  > are you
                  > familiar with the Aussie SunBall and its successor the SunCube? Any
                  > thoughts to share?
                  > http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/
                  >
                  > Ariel
                  > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another,
                  > since otherwise
                  > there is NO ONE who will help.
                  > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                  > generations.
                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  >> That probably was Carter Wind Systems. They were an early leader in
                  >> Texas and the US,
                  >> back when 30KW machines were the norm. Carter installed the very first
                  >> commercial
                  >> wind farm in Texas, it was only 5 machines as I recall, but I don't think
                  >> they were
                  >> able to make the transition to the larger turbines now so common. Jay
                  >> Carter JR, the
                  >> founder's son, went on to apply their turbine blade technology to
                  >> helicopters
                  >>

                  >> ________________________
                  >>
                  >> Kevin Conlin
                  >>
                  >> Solarcraft, Inc.
                  >>
                  >> 4007 C Greenbriar
                  >>
                  >> Stafford, TX 77477-4536
                  >>
                  >> Local (281) 340-1224
                  >>
                  >> Toll Free (877) 340-1224
                  >>
                  >> Fax 281 340 1230
                  >>
                  >> kconlin@...
                  >>
                  >> www.solarcraft.net
                  >>

                  >> Please make a note of our new contact information above.

                • Ahmad Solomon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6 6:40 PM
                    Dear friends,

                    In the meantime, I have made a specific email just for discussions, which is:

                    Who is in charge of the hreg website/discussion group to make this change?  Your assistance would be appreciated.

                    Ahmad Solomon

                    susanw92003 <ssloan@...> wrote:
                    You will be happy to know that Texas companies have also seen a
                    boost. For example, MFG in Gainesville is making wind blades and
                    Trinity Industries makes towers. Lone Star Trucking is a major
                    transporter of wind equipment. And you might be interested in this
                    article about CAB's business (Nacogdoches) increasing due to wind
                    success.
                    http://www.ktre. com/Global/ story.asp? S=5498539

                    --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, "Ariel Thomann" <ajthomann@. ..> wrote:

                    > Yes; Europe (particularly Denmark and Germany) have taken over the
                    making of turbines
                    > and blades, which we should be making ourselves...
                    >
                    > Ariel
                    > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
                    another, since otherwise
                    > there is NO ONE who will help.
                    > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
                    ahead 7 generations.
                    > ------------ --------- --------- ------
                    >
                    > > I did not see this reported in the Houston Chronicle so thought
                    this group might be
                    > > interested in the Texas wind story this week.

                    http://www.dallasne ws.com/sharedcon tent/APStories/ stories/D8KGQ3E0 2.ht
                    ml

                    > > Among the benefits of more wind energy in Texas, Houston is
                    seeing direct economic
                    > > benefit as the Port of Houston is moving hundreds of millions of
                    dollars of wind
                    > > equipment annually.
                    > >

                    > > Susan Williams Sloan
                    > > American Wind Energy Association
                    > > Wind Energy Works!
                    > > Austin, Texas
                    > > Office: 512/220-9063
                    > > Mobile: 202/906-9847
                    > >
                    > > www.awea.org
                    > > www.windenergyworks .org
                    > >
                    > > AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium, December 6 - 8, 2006, Phoenix,
                    AZ WINDPOWER 2007
                    > > Conference & Exhibition, June 3 - 6, 2007, Los Angeles, CA

                  • Garth & Kim Travis
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8 9:37 AM
                      Greetings,
                      As with all lists, you read the message to the very bottom where you will find all your options laid out.  Your email had the following message as a footer:

                      Make your choices and click on the appropriate link.

                      Bright Blessings,
                      Kim Travis

                      WhySolar@...

                      Who is in charge of the hreg website/discussion group to make this change?  Your assistance would be appreciated.

                      Ahmad Solomon
                    • johnjackwagner2
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008
                        So nice to be loved by MSM.

                        http://www.cnbc.com/id/25708335
                      • Henry Haynes
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008

                          Don’t think about what we could have done if we had taken the money that has gone into Iraq & put it on wind power & a delivery system.

                          HHH

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 17, 2008
                            Maybe Build a Wind and Solar farm that could have supplied all the electricity Texas would ever need?   I saw recently on some program on the Science Channel that it was calculated that if you cover the state of Montana with wind generators, you could power the entire country off just those wind generators.  last I heard,  there weren't all that many people in Montana comparied to the rest of the country.  Something to think about.

                            DS