Re: [hreg] Solar Tour Saturday - HREG discount & carpool

  • mewert@houston.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
      The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the tour
      website under the Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at
      HREG members, so thanks for pointing out our lack of advertising on this
      list.

      Here's the description from the website:
      "Solar Fair at this Location!

      A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur at
      this residence from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens,
      solar model race cars, a presentation on renewable energy as an energy
      solution (6pm), and hands on demonstrations of: a solar hot water
      heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of solar
      panels, and a wind generator.

      Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable energy.
      Food and drinks will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol,
      please."

      To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips, cookies,
      etc. that will be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head
      straight from any of the tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still
      have a chance to enjoy John and Karen's house and the fun of a picnic
      with HREG! I hope you will come.

      If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will help us
      plan better.

      Thanks,
      Mike

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
        Gracias. I realize now that I had concentrated too much on the geography of the day.

        Ariel
        there is NO ONE who will help.
        ------------------------------------

        > The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the tour website under the
        > Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at HREG members, so thanks for
        > pointing out our lack of advertising on this list.
        >
        > Here's the description from the website:
        > "Solar Fair at this Location!
        >
        > A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur at this residence
        > from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens, solar model race cars, a
        > presentation on renewable energy as an energy solution (6pm), and hands on
        > demonstrations of: a solar hot water
        > heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of solar panels, and a
        > wind generator.
        >
        > Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable energy. Food and drinks
        > will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol, please."
        >
        > To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc. that will
        > be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head straight from any of the
        > tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still have a chance to enjoy John and
        > Karen's house and the fun of a picnic with HREG! I hope you will come.
        >
        > If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will help us plan better.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mike

      • Ahmad Solomon
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
          I just joined this group few days ago; could you tell me where the picnic will take place?  Do you have an address or a map how to get there?

          Thanks, Ahmad

          ------------ --------- --------- ------

        • mewert@houston.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
            The picnic will be at the Gardner house after the main tour.
            Directions: From loop 610, take US-290 West 31 miles to the Kickapoo
            exit. Turn right on Kickapoo and go 7-1/2 miles to Joseph road (T
            intersection). Turn left and go 1.0 mile and turn left on Hegar Rd
            (Gravel Rd). We are the 3rd driveway on the right (at the corner).
            Harris Key Map - 243J

            Once you buy a program at any location you will have a map.

            For more details see: http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php

            > I just joined this group few days ago; could you tell me where the
            > picnic will take place? Do you have an address or a map how to get
            > there?
            >
            > Thanks, Ahmad
            >
            > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
            > Gracias. I realize now that I had concentrated too much
            > on the geography of the day.
            >
            > Ariel
            > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
            > another, since otherwise
            > there is NO ONE who will help.
            > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
            > ahead 7 generations.
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > > The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the
            > tour website under the
            > > Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at HREG members,
            > so thanks for
            > > pointing out our lack of advertising on this list.
            > >
            > > Here's the description from the website:
            > > "Solar Fair at this Location!
            > >
            > > A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur
            > at this residence
            > > from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens, solar
            > model race cars, a
            > > presentation on renewable energy as an energy solution (6pm), and
            > hands on
            > > demonstrations of: a solar hot water
            > > heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of
            > solar panels, and a
            > > wind generator.
            > >
            > > Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable
            > energy. Food and drinks
            > > will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol, please."
            > >
            > > To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips,
            > cookies, etc. that will
            > > be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head straight
            > from any of the
            > > tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still have a chance to
            > enjoy John and
            > > Karen's house and the fun of a picnic with HREG! I hope you will
            > come.>
            > > If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will
            > help us plan better.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Mike

          • Garth & Kim Travis
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
              Mike will you please repost the information on today's solar tour, I
              have approved a whole bunch of people in the last 36 hours to join
              HREG. Gota run, today is hectic.
              Bright Blessings,
              Kim

            • Nan Hildreth
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                After the tour, about 5pm, we will gather for a picnic at the Gardner
                residence, which is one of the homes listed on the tour at
                http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php

                Once you buy a program at any location on the tour you will have a map.

                Directions to the Gardner residence: From loop 610, take US-290 West

              • Ahmad Solomon
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                  Ariel, where exactly at Meyerland will you meet? I want to follow you to the houses on the tour.  Thanks, Ahmad

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                    Meyerland Plaza.

                    Nan

                    At 10:05 AM 10/7/2006, you wrote:
                    Ariel, where exactly at Meyerland will you meet? I want to follow you to the houses on the tour.  Thanks, Ahmad

                    Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
                    Re:
                    > I will be organizing a carpool again this year, leaving from Meyerland shopping center
                    > at 11:45am, stopping at most of the houses, then going to the picnic and returning ...

                    I admit I didn't know about the picnic. More info, pretty please?

                    Ariel
                    there is NO ONE who will help.

                    Nan Hildreth,  Houston 713-842-6643

                    "Virtually every progressive issue, ... traces its roots to the cultures and institutions of Empire. ... we resolve them all by putting Empire behind us ... As the stories of Empire nurture a culture of domination ... so the stories of Earth Community nurture a culture of partnership, redefine prosperity and security, ... and call us to find our place of service in Creation's epic quest."  The Great Turning, by David Korten  http://www.davidkorten.org/Books/greatturning.htm