Re: [hreg] Solar Tour Saturday - HREG discount & carpool

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
      Re:
      > I will be organizing a carpool again this year, leaving from Meyerland shopping center
      > at 11:45am, stopping at most of the houses, then going to the picnic and returning ...
      ------------------------------------

      I admit I didn't know about the picnic. More info, pretty please?

      Ariel
      there is NO ONE who will help.
      ------------------------------------
    • mewert@houston.rr.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
        The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the tour
        website under the Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at
        HREG members, so thanks for pointing out our lack of advertising on this
        list.

        Here's the description from the website:
        "Solar Fair at this Location!

        A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur at
        this residence from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens,
        solar model race cars, a presentation on renewable energy as an energy
        solution (6pm), and hands on demonstrations of: a solar hot water
        heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of solar
        panels, and a wind generator.

        Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable energy.
        Food and drinks will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol,
        please."

        To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips, cookies,
        etc. that will be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head
        straight from any of the tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still
        have a chance to enjoy John and Karen's house and the fun of a picnic
        with HREG! I hope you will come.

        If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will help us
        plan better.

        Thanks,
        Mike

        > > I will be organizing a carpool again this year, leaving from
        > Meyerland shopping center
        > > at 11:45am, stopping at most of the houses, then going to the
        > picnic and returning ...
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > I admit I didn't know about the picnic. More info, pretty please?
        >
        > Ariel
        > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
        > another, since otherwise
        > there is NO ONE who will help.
        > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
        > ahead 7 generations.
        > ------------------------------------

      • Ariel Thomann
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
          Gracias. I realize now that I had concentrated too much on the geography of the day.

          Ariel
          there is NO ONE who will help.
          ------------------------------------

          > The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the tour website under the
          > Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at HREG members, so thanks for
          > pointing out our lack of advertising on this list.
          >
          > Here's the description from the website:
          > "Solar Fair at this Location!
          >
          > A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur at this residence
          > from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens, solar model race cars, a
          > presentation on renewable energy as an energy solution (6pm), and hands on
          > demonstrations of: a solar hot water
          > heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of solar panels, and a
          > wind generator.
          >
          > Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable energy. Food and drinks
          > will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol, please."
          >
          > To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc. that will
          > be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head straight from any of the
          > tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still have a chance to enjoy John and
          > Karen's house and the fun of a picnic with HREG! I hope you will come.
          >
          > If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will help us plan better.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mike

        • Ahmad Solomon
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
            I just joined this group few days ago; could you tell me where the picnic will take place?  Do you have an address or a map how to get there?

            Thanks, Ahmad

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

          • mewert@houston.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
              The picnic will be at the Gardner house after the main tour.
              Directions: From loop 610, take US-290 West 31 miles to the Kickapoo
              exit. Turn right on Kickapoo and go 7-1/2 miles to Joseph road (T
              intersection). Turn left and go 1.0 mile and turn left on Hegar Rd
              (Gravel Rd). We are the 3rd driveway on the right (at the corner).
              Harris Key Map - 243J

              Once you buy a program at any location you will have a map.

              For more details see: http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php

              > I just joined this group few days ago; could you tell me where the
              > picnic will take place? Do you have an address or a map how to get
              > there?
              >
              > Thanks, Ahmad
              >
              > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
              > Gracias. I realize now that I had concentrated too much
              > on the geography of the day.
              >
              > Ariel
              > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
              > another, since otherwise
              > there is NO ONE who will help.
              > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think
              > ahead 7 generations.
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > > The picnic or 'solar fair' is open to all and is listed on the
              > tour website under the
              > > Gardner & McPhail Residence. It is mostly aimed at HREG members,
              > so thanks for
              > > pointing out our lack of advertising on this list.
              > >
              > > Here's the description from the website:
              > > "Solar Fair at this Location!
              > >
              > > A picnic and special display of renewable technologies will occur
              > at this residence
              > > from 5:00 to 6:30 pm. The event includes: solar ovens, solar
              > model race cars, a
              > > presentation on renewable energy as an energy solution (6pm), and
              > hands on
              > > demonstrations of: a solar hot water
              > > heater, electrochemical energy storage system, different types of
              > solar panels, and a
              > > wind generator.
              > >
              > > Come meet other great people who are interested in renewable
              > energy. Food and drinks
              > > will be on sale. You can bring your own, but no alcohol, please."
              > >
              > > To elaborate, Chris Boyer is getting some sandwiches, chips,
              > cookies, etc. that will
              > > be for sale at a very reasonable price. So, you can head straight
              > from any of the
              > > tour locations when it's over at 4:30 and still have a chance to
              > enjoy John and
              > > Karen's house and the fun of a picnic with HREG! I hope you will
              > come.>
              > > If we can get some idea of how many will come for food, it will
              > help us plan better.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Mike

            • Garth & Kim Travis
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                Greetings,
                Mike will you please repost the information on today's solar tour, I
                have approved a whole bunch of people in the last 36 hours to join
                HREG. Gota run, today is hectic.
                Bright Blessings,
                Kim

              • Nan Hildreth
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                  After the tour, about 5pm, we will gather for a picnic at the Gardner
                  residence, which is one of the homes listed on the tour at
                  http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php

                  Once you buy a program at any location on the tour you will have a map.

                  Directions to the Gardner residence: From loop 610, take US-290 West

                • Ahmad Solomon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                    Ariel, where exactly at Meyerland will you meet? I want to follow you to the houses on the tour.  Thanks, Ahmad

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 7, 2006
                      Meyerland Plaza.

                      Nan

                      At 10:05 AM 10/7/2006, you wrote:
                      Ariel, where exactly at Meyerland will you meet? I want to follow you to the houses on the tour.  Thanks, Ahmad

                      Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
                      Re:
                      > I will be organizing a carpool again this year, leaving from Meyerland shopping center
                      > at 11:45am, stopping at most of the houses, then going to the picnic and returning ...

                      I admit I didn't know about the picnic. More info, pretty please?

                      Ariel
                      there is NO ONE who will help.

                      Nan Hildreth,  Houston 713-842-6643

                      "Virtually every progressive issue, ... traces its roots to the cultures and institutions of Empire. ... we resolve them all by putting Empire behind us ... As the stories of Empire nurture a culture of domination ... so the stories of Earth Community nurture a culture of partnership, redefine prosperity and security, ... and call us to find our place of service in Creation's epic quest."  The Great Turning, by David Korten  http://www.davidkorten.org/Books/greatturning.htm