Re: [hreg] Ethanol and round up

  • Rob Rowland
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      If the engine is carbureted, then the main and idle jets need to be increased in size.  If fuel injected, this becomes more complicated.  The computer controlling the fuel injection may have to be remapped, a chip replaced, or a larger high pressure pump and injection nozzles may need to be used (expensive).

      Usually it is easier to replace a carburetor intended for gasoline use with one set up for alcohol (or E85 in this case).

      I do not have costs, but these are the things I learned when researching alcohol as a fuel for drag racing.

      Rob Rowland