Serve God, Save the Planet Fri to Sun

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2006
      "I see the church as a potential leader in solving [global warming]", said Sleeth to the Austin American Statesmen and said global warming is the worst environmental threat.  http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/editorial/stories/09/12/12young_edit.html

      Sleeth will be giving nine talks in Houston between Friday noon and Sunday noon including talks Deer Park, Beaumont and Spring and in downtown Houston. For details:  www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      Nan Hildreth, Houston  713-842-6643

      "A vision of politics must be articulated that clarifies the essential moral issues at stake in any political discussion."  "The alternative to the passive politics of the status quo is a prophetic politics of personal and social transformation.  However, the movement from one to the other will change our very understanding of politics."

      Jim Wallis, The Soul of Politics: A Practical and Prophetic Vision for Change, 1994 www.sojo.net www.calltorenewal.com