Re: [hreg] HREG meeting place

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
      The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
      believe it doesn't charge.
      Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably use
      a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
      year, so that would be relatively temporary.

      Paul

      Yesterday, mewert@... wrote:

      > Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
      > I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
      > meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
      > thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
      > would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
      > U of H student?
      >
      > Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
      > checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
      > current policy is?
      >
      > Any other leads from anyone?
      >
      > Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mike

      Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
      administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
      than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
      these levels of literacy.
    • chasmauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006

        Mike,

        I just called CEC to check on their situation. They have two meeting rooms available for member use - a small one that holds about 20 and a large one that holds about 100. They are free for members. The building is usually closed on Sunday but can be opened, however if you need to turn on the A/C they charge $25 per hour for that, but if we changed our meeting day we could avoid that problem. They are located at 3015 Richmond Ave (between Buffalo Speedway and Kirby).

        There are several good meeting rooms at the main downtown library but it is closed for renovation until sometime the end of next year. A number of branch libraries have meeting rooms but most are closed on Sunday. Since the main library is closed I think several "regional branches" are open Sundays so we would just have to research that to see which ones are open, which have meeting rooms, and which are in the right location.

        Charlie

        Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
        I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
        meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
        thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
        would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
        U of H student?

        Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
        checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
        current policy is?

        Any other leads from anyone?

        Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.

        Thanks,

        Mike

      • Steven Shepard
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
          I know it is a bit of a drive but you are all welcome to meet at my place for no charge.
          :)
          Steve Shepard
          SBT Designs
          San Antonio, Texas.

          Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
          I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
          meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
          thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
          would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
          U of H student?

          Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
          checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
          current policy is?

          Any other leads from anyone?

          Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.

          Thanks,

          Mike

          SBT Designs
          25581 IH-10 West
          San Antonio, Texas 78257
          (210) 698-7109
          www.sbtdesigns.com

          Our new email address is sbtdesigns@....
          Please update your records.
        • Garth & Kim Travis
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
            Greetings,
            You have a real sense of humor!
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
              Not sure how to reply to these messages, but:
              Think about a meeting at our farmers' market on a Saturday morning.
              We're right across Richmond from the CEC and have a big parking lot and
              shady oak tree [thus, no AC charge], lots of coffee, people and fresh LOCAL
              produce. The VanWoerdens, regulars on your solar tour, are a cornerstone of
              our market.
              Think about demos [some kind of live link to the solar above the CEC
              would be great] that you would like to do at the market--we get around 500
              customers each Saturday--people interested in things you have to say.

              > The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
              > believe it doesn't charge.
              > Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably
              > use
              > a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
              > year, so that would be relatively temporary.
              >
              > Paul
              >

              > Yesterday, mewert@... wrote:
              >
              >> Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
              >> I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
              >> meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
              >> thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
              >> would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
              >> U of H student?
              >>
              >> Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
              >> checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
              >> current policy is?
              >>
              >> Any other leads from anyone?
              >>
              >> Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
              >>
              >> Thanks,
              >>
              >> Mike

              > Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
              > administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
              > than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
              > these levels of literacy.
              >

              > !DSPAM:4500066b6807153625052!
            • Tai-Lin Hong

                > The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
                > believe it doesn't charge.
                > Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably
                > use
                > a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
                > year, so that would be relatively temporary.
                >
                > Paul
                >

                > Yesterday, mewert@houston. rr.com wrote:
                >
                >> Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
                >> I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
                >> meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
                >> thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
                >> would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
                >> U of H student?
                >>
                >> Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
                >> checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
                >> current policy is?
                >>
                >> Any other leads from anyone?
                >>
                >> Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >>
                >> Mike

                > Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
                > administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
                > than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
                > these levels of literacy.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > !DSPAM:4500066b6807 153625052!

              • Otto Glaser
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
                  On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
                  Tai-Lin Hong <tailinux@...> wrote:
                  > Love the idea !!!!
                  > Are produces organic?
                  >
                  > "H.C. Clark" <hcclark@...> wrote:
                  > Not sure how to reply to these
                  >messages, but:
                  > Think about a meeting at our farmers' market on a Saturday
                  >morning.
                  > We're right across Richmond from the CEC and have a big parking lot
                  >and
                  > shady oak tree [thus, no AC charge], lots of coffee, people and
                  >fresh LOCAL
                  > produce. The VanWoerdens, regulars on your solar tour, are a
                  >cornerstone of
                  > our market.
                  > Think about demos [some kind of live link to the solar above the
                  >CEC
                  > would be great] that you would like to do at the market--we get
                  >around 500
                  > customers each Saturday--people interested in things you have to
                  >say.
                  > Mike: Try the Harris
                  county Parks. They are free and very well kept. I am in the Houston
                  Inventors Association. We meet 3 times per month. I do not think they
                  are open on Sundays. Otto