HREG meeting place

  • mewert@houston.rr.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2006
      Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
      I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
      meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
      thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
      would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
      U of H student?

      Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
      checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
      current policy is?

      Any other leads from anyone?

      Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.

      Thanks,

      Mike
    • Lunce
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
        Jungman branch library has a meeting room that accommodates up to 90 people.
        http://www.hpl.lib.tx.us/branches/jun_home.html

        mewert@... wrote:

        > Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
        > I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
        > meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
        > thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
        > would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
        > U of H student?
        >
        > Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
        > checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
        > current policy is?
        >
        > Any other leads from anyone?
        >
        > Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike

      • Paul Archer
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
          The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
          believe it doesn't charge.
          Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably use
          a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
          year, so that would be relatively temporary.

          Paul

          Yesterday, mewert@... wrote:

          > Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
          > I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
          > meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
          > thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
          > would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
          > U of H student?
          >
          > Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
          > checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
          > current policy is?
          >
          > Any other leads from anyone?
          >
          > Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Mike

          Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
          administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
          than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
          these levels of literacy.
        • chasmauch@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006

            Mike,

            I just called CEC to check on their situation. They have two meeting rooms available for member use - a small one that holds about 20 and a large one that holds about 100. They are free for members. The building is usually closed on Sunday but can be opened, however if you need to turn on the A/C they charge $25 per hour for that, but if we changed our meeting day we could avoid that problem. They are located at 3015 Richmond Ave (between Buffalo Speedway and Kirby).

            There are several good meeting rooms at the main downtown library but it is closed for renovation until sometime the end of next year. A number of branch libraries have meeting rooms but most are closed on Sunday. Since the main library is closed I think several "regional branches" are open Sundays so we would just have to research that to see which ones are open, which have meeting rooms, and which are in the right location.

            Charlie

            Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
            I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
            meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
            thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
            would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
            U of H student?

            Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
            checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
            current policy is?

            Any other leads from anyone?

            Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.

            Thanks,

            Mike

          • Steven Shepard
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
              I know it is a bit of a drive but you are all welcome to meet at my place for no charge.
              :)
              Steve Shepard
              SBT Designs
              San Antonio, Texas.

              Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
              I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
              meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
              thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
              would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
              U of H student?

              Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
              checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
              current policy is?

              Any other leads from anyone?

              Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.

              Thanks,

              Mike

              SBT Designs
              25581 IH-10 West
              San Antonio, Texas 78257
              (210) 698-7109
              www.sbtdesigns.com

              Our new email address is sbtdesigns@....
              Please update your records.
            • Garth & Kim Travis

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
                  Not sure how to reply to these messages, but:
                  Think about a meeting at our farmers' market on a Saturday morning.
                  We're right across Richmond from the CEC and have a big parking lot and
                  shady oak tree [thus, no AC charge], lots of coffee, people and fresh LOCAL
                  produce. The VanWoerdens, regulars on your solar tour, are a cornerstone of
                  our market.
                  Think about demos [some kind of live link to the solar above the CEC
                  would be great] that you would like to do at the market--we get around 500
                  customers each Saturday--people interested in things you have to say.

                  > The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
                  > believe it doesn't charge.
                  > Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably
                  > use
                  > a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
                  > year, so that would be relatively temporary.
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >

                  > Yesterday, mewert@... wrote:
                  >
                  >> Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
                  >> I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
                  >> meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
                  >> thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
                  >> would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
                  >> U of H student?
                  >>
                  >> Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
                  >> checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
                  >> current policy is?
                  >>
                  >> Any other leads from anyone?
                  >>
                  >> Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
                  >>
                  >> Thanks,
                  >>
                  >> Mike

                  > Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
                  > administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
                  > than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
                  > these levels of literacy.
                  >

                  > !DSPAM:4500066b6807153625052!
                • Tai-Lin Hong

                    > The Multi-Service Center on West Gray hosts a lot of non-profits, and I
                    > believe it doesn't charge.
                    > Failing that, I work for Baylor College of Medicine, and could probably
                    > use
                    > a conference room--although I'm planning on moving to Dallas in the next
                    > year, so that would be relatively temporary.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >

                    > Yesterday, mewert@houston. rr.com wrote:
                    >
                    >> Our wonderful hostess at TSU, Joyce Lattimore, is no longer with TSU, so
                    >> I'm not sure if we will be able to continue to have our quarterly HREG
                    >> meetings there. So, this is a good time to look at alternatives. I
                    >> thought U of H would be good and asked a professor there. He thought we
                    >> would need to be connected to a student group. Is anyone on the list a
                    >> U of H student?
                    >>
                    >> Citizen's Environment Coalition has a meeting room but years ago when we
                    >> checked, they charged $100 for A/C. Charlie, do you know what their
                    >> current policy is?
                    >>
                    >> Any other leads from anyone?
                    >>
                    >> Next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 29 at 2pm.
                    >>
                    >> Thanks,
                    >>
                    >> Mike

                    > Education in the U.S. has improved greatly under the George W. Bush
                    > administration Now, 60% of 6th graders read at a higher level
                    > than the President. Under President Clinton, few if any achieved
                    > these levels of literacy.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >

                    > !DSPAM:4500066b6807 153625052!

                  • Otto Glaser
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
                      On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
                      Tai-Lin Hong <tailinux@...> wrote:
                      > Love the idea !!!!
                      > Are produces organic?
                      >
                      > "H.C. Clark" <hcclark@...> wrote:
                      > Not sure how to reply to these
                      >messages, but:
                      > Think about a meeting at our farmers' market on a Saturday
                      >morning.
                      > We're right across Richmond from the CEC and have a big parking lot
                      >and
                      > shady oak tree [thus, no AC charge], lots of coffee, people and
                      >fresh LOCAL
                      > produce. The VanWoerdens, regulars on your solar tour, are a
                      >cornerstone of
                      > our market.
                      > Think about demos [some kind of live link to the solar above the
                      >CEC
                      > would be great] that you would like to do at the market--we get
                      >around 500
                      > customers each Saturday--people interested in things you have to
                      >say.
                      > Mike: Try the Harris
                      county Parks. They are free and very well kept. I am in the Houston
                      Inventors Association. We meet 3 times per month. I do not think they
                      are open on Sundays. Otto