Re: I bought the solar fan for the car

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
      I bought one of these back in the late '80s or early '90s. Big waste
      of money. Think about how fast the inside of your car/truck heats up
      in the summer sun. How many cubic feet of hot air are in your car?
      What is the cfm of the fan?

      Bottom line, yes it moves some air. But, the car is heating up the
      air faster than this solar fan can pump it out.

      Maybe the new ones have a higher speed fan and greater cfm... but I
      wouldn't hold my breath on it.

      It looked great on paper!

      Todd

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...> wrote:

      > I bought the solar fan that extracts heat out of the car and
      noticed when I opened the
      > box it specified that that product has been found to cause birth
      defects of sort and or
      > could harm the chances of comception. Needless to say I am
      mortified by this.
      > If this is the case why would people put this in their cars? Does
      anyone know anything
      > about this? Also, if this is such a small panel and can have this
      effect, what will happen if people use these panels to power cells,
      computer back packs and even bigger things like solar panels in their
      homes?