Re: [hreg] I bought the solar fan for the car

  • John Miggins
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
      I wonder where the cool air is coming from?  If it is venting the hot air out where is the air intake?

      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar & Wind Power
      "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
      www.harvest-energy.com
      Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
        the cool air is coming from your soffit vents

        believed to be clean.
      • Todd
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
          I bought one of these back in the late '80s or early '90s. Big waste
          of money. Think about how fast the inside of your car/truck heats up
          in the summer sun. How many cubic feet of hot air are in your car?
          What is the cfm of the fan?

          Bottom line, yes it moves some air. But, the car is heating up the
          air faster than this solar fan can pump it out.

          Maybe the new ones have a higher speed fan and greater cfm... but I
          wouldn't hold my breath on it.

          It looked great on paper!

          Todd