RE: [hreg] I bought the solar fan for the car

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006

      You’re not in any danger, Evelyn, but I would be curious as to how well it works.  I know it doesn’t work as well as the ads claim, but would be curious about your experience.  The problem is the solar panel is so small compared to the window area of the vehicle that it has no chance of keeping up.  Keep us posted.

      ________________________

      Kevin Conlin
      Solarcraft, Inc.
      13130 Stafford Road, Suite 125
      Stafford ,TX 77477-4536
      (281)495-0438
      fax (281)495-0440
      kconlin@...
      www.solarcraft.net

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
        I wonder where the cool air is coming from?  If it is venting the hot air out where is the air intake?

        John Miggins
        Harvest Solar & Wind Power
        "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
        www.harvest-energy.com
        Phone/Fax 918-743-2299

        ____________ _________ ___

        kconlin@solarcraft. net

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
          the cool air is coming from your soffit vents

          believed to be clean.
        • Todd
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
            I bought one of these back in the late '80s or early '90s. Big waste
            of money. Think about how fast the inside of your car/truck heats up
            in the summer sun. How many cubic feet of hot air are in your car?
            What is the cfm of the fan?

            Bottom line, yes it moves some air. But, the car is heating up the
            air faster than this solar fan can pump it out.

            Maybe the new ones have a higher speed fan and greater cfm... but I
            wouldn't hold my breath on it.

            It looked great on paper!

            Todd