OT help needed

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 6:21 AM

      This has nothing much to do with energy, but it does have something
      to do with conservation. Last weekend our farm suffered a major
      disaster in the form of a dog pack. These were not feral dogs, but
      belong to a neighbor. The four of them know how to beat a hot fence,
      they lift all four paws and jump through the fence, no problem. The
      biggest of the four is a half wolf, and it broke the wires so the
      other dogs could get through. How does this relate to consevation,
      well, we keep Gulf coast sheep which are on the endangered species
      list, as are our turkeys and half of our cows. The disaster was not
      as bad as it first appeared, by Wednesday night our MIA's had
      returned, injured, but alive. We lost 2 ramlambs, but fortunately
      the girls are still here. All of our livestock show signs of the
      dogs affection.

      For now, the neighbor has the dogs locked up, but I don't expect that
      to last, he is well known for letting his dogs run. Hubby has been
      working 12 -16 hours days and it looks like he will have to work most
      of the weekend. This leaves me, a 50 year old women to tear down the
      existing fence, clear the thatch and install the new field fence. It
      is taking me 2 days to do a roll, at this rate I will be a month
      getting this done. I am not sure animals have that long.

      If anyone would like a day in the country, working a farm, I can pay
      your gas, feed you [real homegrown cooking] and find a little cash to
      compensate for your time. This is a completely unexpected expense,
      so we are real tight from it. Please contact me off list as this is off topic.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim