Re: [hreg] Re: Request for speakers & Free stuff

  • Greg Myers
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2006
      Nina,

      For the Field Trip in the Houston area, hands down, I suggest Sheldon Lake
      State Park & Environmental Learning Center :

      http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/sheldon_lake/fieldtrip.phtml

      Texas Parks & Wildlife has spent about $2.5M on this park recently. They
      have made over this park into a renewable energy showcase with a Renewable
      energy demonstration area. Installed last year includes:

      -Solar Tracking Array (approx 1 KW installed by Meridian Solar)
      -Solar Non-Tracking Array (approx 1.2KW installed by Meridian Solar)
      -Wind Generator (installed by West TAMU)
      -Passive Solar Hot Water Heater
      -Geothermal HVAC System for a classroom & lab buildings.
      -SMA Sunnyboy Grid Tie Inverters
      -SMA Windyboy Grid Tie Inverter

      The tracking solar array has a manual overide and large dial wattmeter so
      you can point it
      any direction & see what happens to production.

      You can monitor production from these systems as well as much other data at
      the following
      web site:

      http://chuck-wright.com/wcsd/display/frametop.php?site=sheldon

      Also, in case you did not know, Texas State Energy Conservation Office has
      Lesson Plans for Grades 4 through High School at:

      http://www.infinitepower.org/lessonplans.htm

      Feel free to call me to discuss further.

      Greg Myers
      Gulfcoast Solar & Wind
      1909 Oak Hollow Dr. East
      Pearland, TX 77581