Houston's "Green Drinks"

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      I heard about an interesting social event that I wanted to pass on to HREG members.

      Its called "Green Drinks"

      Green Drinks is a monthly informal gathering of people interested in Houston's
      environment. They meet at Field of Greens 2320 W Alabama. Field of Greens offers tasty meals with many vegetarian and vegan dishes available.  From 6-7 pm, you'll get an opportunity to chat with other people interested in the quality of Houston's environment.  From 7-8 pm, we'll have a special Show-and-Tell edition of Green Drinks.  You'll have the opportunity to bring something green to tell all of the other participants about.  It could be a article, book, piece of shell from your favorite beach, a description of your favorite environmental project or even an idea that you heard of just the other day.  Just bring some topic of that interests you about the environment.

      For more information, contact Brian Herod, info@... or call 713-480-6303. Or check out The Houston Sustainability Network (http://www.houstonsustainability.net), which is a grass-roots coalition of people increasing the awareness of  sustainability in the Houston area. Come to the gathering, meet new colleagues, and feel connected to others that are making a difference in the quality of life for the Houston region. Together we can make Houston a cleaner,
      greener city.