RE: [hreg] Re: TXU coal plants in Texas

  • donald cook
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 18, 2006
      Who is available to go to the Harris County Green Party meting on Monday,
      August 21, 6:30 at Central Market (2nd floor), Westheimer and Weslayan, to
      talk to Leo Gold, KPFT radio personality, host of The New Capital Show, who
      has expressed an interest in blocking TXU's dirty coal plant plans? -- Don

      From: "Jessica Drummond" <jrobilotto@...>
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [hreg] Re: TXU coal plants in Texas
      Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:55:33 -0400

      I agree with Nancy as well. There are cleaner ways to burn coal as I
      understand it. So, if we need to use coal to transition from oil to
      truly renewable sources we should require at least that clean coal
      plants are built using the rapidly advancing available technology.

      And, I agree that there is so much momentum in the fossil fuel industry
      that we will likely need to slow it before we can stop and turn it
      around to renewables. It will be extremely difficult, but it is
      absolutely necessary if we want our children to have somewhere to live
      when they are adults.

      Jessica