Space Station Solar Array

  • Kevin L. Conlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2000
      Howdy Folks,  I have a question for Mike Ewert and the NASA group.  I keep hearing mention on TV that the space station solar array has one blue and one gold solar array.  I visited the link that Mike posted last week but there was no mention of what technology is used on the array.  Can anyone tell me if the opposing panels are using different technologies, and if so, what chemistries they are?  Is this for evaluation purposes, or is one of the arrays turned away from the sun for the time being?  Thanks and regards,   Kevin Conlin
    • Ewert, Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2000
        I believe the 2 colors are just the 2 sides.  The technology is single crystal silicone, just like many terrestrial panels, but without the heavy glass cover.