RE: [hreg] PV economics

  • Andrew McCalla
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2006

      Kevin,

      If this helps the client rationalize the overall financial picture then I suppose it has validity for them.

      Fundamentally though, since there is often very little correspondence, at least in the Austin market, between property tax valuations and market values, I think the calculation is flawed.

      I’ve always found this property tax exemption, Texas ’ lone “incentive” for pv installations, to be damning with faint praise……one step forward and one step back, or a net-neutral benefit.

      Andrew H. McCalla

      NABCEP Certified Solar PV System Installer (TM)

      Meridian Energy Systems

      2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107

      Austin, TX   78704

      Voice: (512) 448-0055