Re: Reducing your current home's size

  • deviant
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5 8:56 PM
      No problem with local permits for geothermal heat pumps in Bellaire
      or Houston. There should be a home with one on the solar tour this
      year (again this year - not many solar utilizing homes around here).

      However, the efficiencies of conventional units are now so much
      higher than before, that I'm not sure that the comparisons are up to
      date.

      Also, many don't realize that as a geothermal system runs, it
      becomes less efficient due to non-instant dissipation of heat back
      into the ground (deeper wells/more surface area help to alleviate
      this). Still, I think it is a great system.