Home Owner's Association Resistence

  • JR Batek
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      I have been in an argument with my homeowner's
      association about installing a rain barrel. However,
      I found a section in the Texas Property Code that
      should allow this.

      Section 202, section 202.007 prohibits HOA's from
      enforcing covenants that restrict a property owner
      from installing rain barrels or water harvesting
      systems.

      Below is the website with all of the details. Scroll
      down to chapter 202 and click on it. From there, you
      can read section 202.007. Good luck!

      http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/pr.toc.htm

      http://mail.yahoo.com