Re: [hreg] Gallup going global

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30 11:36 PM
      Evelyn: We are living in an age of Globalizatrion, which has changed this world for better or for worse. Moreover, we live in a world where no one is independent, but we are interdependent. The whole idea of outsourcing started when Reagan tried to abolish Unions (Fired several thousand Air Traffic Controllers). This gave the green light to companes like GE to close many plants and send the same task to be done elsewhere. And then the GREED, and fear of environmental regulations, overtook the Corporate Moguls for more profits to get these items made in a foreign land where they didn't have to bother about UNIONS, benefits and pensions, thus keeping a lions share at the top of the Corprate Pyramid. The shareholders didn't care less at that time, till they faced unemployment from closing of plants, but it was too late to do anything. Thus the mighty prevailed over the weak - a fruit of CAPITALISM!