Peak Oil Conference 8/13/06 - Save the Date

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2006
      Second Annual Peak Oil Mini-Conference
      Sunday August 13, 2006
      1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
      www.HoustonPeakOil.org

      Maintaining our way of life depends on cheap oil
      but this is ending. Global oil production will
      peak soon, if it hasn’t already, and then
      decline. The expected consequences are rising
      gasoline prices, rising food prices and a
      stagnant economy. Discuss how to cope with rising energy prices with:

      · Jeffrey Brown, independent geologist in
      the Dallas area, author of "What the mainstream
      media are not telling you about the run-up in oil
      prices" and "Texas and lower 48 oil production as
      a model for Saudi Arabia and the world"
      · Alan S. Drake, a consulting engineer
      based in New Orleans and author of "The
      electrification of transportation as a response
      to the peaking of world oil production".
      · Karl Pepple, City of Houston, Director of Environmental Programming
      · Fred Yebra, Austin Energy, Director of Demand Side Management
      · For other speakers and workshops: www.HoustonPeakOil.org

      $10 donation, no one turned away for lack of
      funds. Space is limited. Please pre-register at
      www.HoustonPeakOil.org or send a check for $10 to:
      Nan Hildreth, 3939 Luca St. Houston 77021 NanHildreth@... 713-842-6643

      Location: First Unitarian Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin at Southmore

      Sponsored by: Houston Peak Oil Progressives,
      First Unitarian Universalist Church Community
      Involvement Committee, Oil Patch Democrats,
      Houston Climate Protection Alliance, Progressive
      Action Alliance, and Harris County Green Party.

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643
      3939 Luca St., Houston, Tx 77021

      If we attempt to ... do things ... for the world
      without deepening our own self-understanding, ...
      freedom, integrity, and capacity to love, we will
      not have anything to give to others. We will
      communicate nothing but our own obsessions, our
      aggressiveness, our ego-centered ambitions;
      Thomas Merton quoted in Soul of a Citizen by Paul Rogat Loeb