Houston Directory

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
      RE: Houston Directory infomercial

      Many of you may not know about this yet, but HREG is a sponsor of a new Environmental Directory for Houston and the first issue will have an energy theme.  We’re not real sure when it will come out yet.  A guy named Paul Robbins who did this in Austin is working on it.  He asked me for help recommending contractors and I thought the best way was just to put the question to the eGroup.  So, please see below and reply if you have good information.  Thank you,

      Mike

      I have finished the Houston Environmental Groups and the cover (which is a beautiful color drawing of one of Houston 's best parks). I have been trying to find who is selling energy efficiency products and services and greenbuilding products in Houston as well.  This is a very time-consuming task and if you have any suggestions I will listen.  In particular I am trying to find reliable home energy conservation contractors in your area.

      Paul Robbins

    • Kirk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2006
        KAGY Enterprises Inc.

        Mike,

        KAGY Enterprises is not a home builder however my subsidiary company
        Freedom Renewable Energy Services supplies, installs and services
        renewable energy equipment. We have a few dealers in our area that
        will aid in the search for builders that utilize these products I
        will contact these companies directly.

        In addition I will contact a friend - Professor, Building Architect,
        Master Electrician who is very knowledgeable of builders in our
        geographical region.

        My search will take some time (a list I have wished to compile
        myself) the builders in Texas have taken large strides to accommodate
        the home buyers in short order, supplies are less than needed with
        product demand on the rise.

        Where should I send this information and are we working with a press
        dead-line?

        Best regards,

        Kirk Glueck

        Freedom Renewable Energy Services
        Texas Hill Country (512) 314-9040
        Texas Gulf Coast (281) 851-9896
        1746 Brickarbor Drive
        Katy, Texas 77449
        Fax: (281) 829-1426
        kirkglueck@...
      • shakker08
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2006
          What is a good way to get hold of a copy of Austin Environmental
          Directory..Web site ?
          Art

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ewert" <mewert@...> wrote:

          > Many of you may not know about this yet, but HREG is a sponsor of
          a new
          > Environmental Directory for Houston and the first issue will have
          an
          > energy theme. We're not real sure when it will come out yet. A
          guy
          > named Paul Robbins who did this in Austin is working on it. He
          asked me
          > for help recommending contractors and I thought the best way was
          just to
          > put the question to the eGroup. So, please see below and reply if
          you
          > have good information. Thank you,
          > Mike
          >
          > I have finished the Houston Environmental Groups and the cover
          (which is
          > a beautiful color drawing of one of Houston's best parks). I have
          been
          > trying to find who is selling energy efficiency products and
          services
          > and greenbuilding products in Houston as well. This is a very
          > time-consuming task and if you have any suggestions I will
          listen. In
          > particular I am trying to find reliable home energy conservation
          > contractors in your area.
          > Paul Robbins

        • Andrew McCalla
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2006
            Art:

            http://environmentaldirectory.info/

            Another issue is currently in the works.

            Andrew H. McCalla
            NABCEP Certified Solar PV System Installer (TM)

            Meridian Energy Systems
            2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107
            Austin, TX 78704

            Voice: (512) 448-0055
            Fax: (512) 448-0045
            www.meridiansolar.com

            What is a good way to get hold of a copy of Austin Environmental
            Directory..Web site ?
            Art

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ewert" <mewert@...> wrote:

            > Many of you may not know about this yet, but HREG is a sponsor of
            a new
            > Environmental Directory for Houston and the first issue will have
            an
            > energy theme. We're not real sure when it will come out yet. A
            guy
            > named Paul Robbins who did this in Austin is working on it. He
            asked me
            > for help recommending contractors and I thought the best way was
            just to
            > put the question to the eGroup. So, please see below and reply if
            you
            > have good information. Thank you,
            > Mike
            >
            > I have finished the Houston Environmental Groups and the cover
            (which is
            > a beautiful color drawing of one of Houston's best parks). I have
            been
            > trying to find who is selling energy efficiency products and
            services
            > and greenbuilding products in Houston as well. This is a very
            > time-consuming task and if you have any suggestions I will
            listen. In
            > particular I am trying to find reliable home energy conservation
            > contractors in your area.
            > Paul Robbins

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Cindy Yepez
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
              This would be a great resource. I feel like we are making some progress here in Houston but its awfully slow.  Its very hard to find these businesses if they exist in this area at all.  I have been working on something for Houston myself but am also finding it difficult to locate green businesses and products.  I haven't really done a good job promoting my own efforts, but if anyone is interested the site is called the Houston Green Guide www.houstongreenguide.com.

              The way I look at it, the more information resources we can make available to folks, the better. Gotta get Houston on the map :-)

              Regards,
              Cindy Yepez

              On 7/7/06, Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Garth & Kim Travis