Re: [hreg] RE: Help in installing Solar Panels in Our School

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
      As they say, there is always a silver lining above the cloud, or a blessing in disguise.
      Here is the list of Exhibitors:
      1. Beijing Corona Science & Technology Company, Ltd.
      2. Beijing United Power Science Technology Company
      3. CONERGY Ltd., Germany
      4. Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Germany
      5. Journal of Solar Energy Chinese Renewable Energy Society
      6. Muti-Contact c/o Staubli Hangzhou, Hangzhou,  P.R. China.
      7. Q-Cells AG, Germany
      8. Bootsolar Photoelectric Equipment Company, China
      9. SCHOTT Solar, Alzenau, Germany
      10. SMA Technologie AG, Germany/China
      11. SunTechnics GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
      12. Suzhou Draka Cable Co., Ltd, China
      13. JN Solar/Tianjin Jinneng Solar Cell Co., Ltd., China
      14. Top Solar Technology Co., Ltd. China
      15. Yunnan Tianda Photovoltiac Co., Ltd., China
      16. espin.com (wind?) (no one attending the booth)
      Here is the list of Presenters in the Conference:
      1. Mathew Thornington, Regional Head Asia Pacif, Conergy Ltd. - "REnewable Energy Success Stories Around the Globe."
      2. Amiram Roth-Deblon, Diplom-Ingenieur (Electrical Power), SunTechnics, Frankfurt, Germany,  "Turn-key solutions for Renewable energy."
      3. Tianda Solar: " The Actuality of PV Industry in China."
      4. Dr. Gustav R. Grob, President, International Sustainable Energy Organization, ISEO, Europe/Germany.
      5. Prof. Dr. A. Kraweitz, Rome, Italy: "Future Challenges in Bioclimatic Architecture and Building Integration of Thin-Film Photovoltaics."
      6. Prof. Dr. Silke A Krawietz, Rome, Italy: "Natural Ventilation in Buildings for Energy in Architecture."
      7. Horst Kruuse, Schott Solar  GmbH, Germany: "Think Big - Improving Energy Supplies using Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal Power Plants."
      The blessing is that I had plenty of time to spend with German and Chineses experts in Solar Energy, and describe our needs to strike some important deals for future dependable sources of suplly for PV modules, associated equipoment, and Solar Water Heaters.
      No one represented the Wind Energy or Solar Thermal Energy sector in this event.
      I have asked an explanation from Gracefair for an explanation for such a fiasco [instead of more than 150 exhibitors only 15, with many unattended booths, and only 7 speakers at the conference] and thus far no response from the event organizers "Gracefair."
      The good part was that it gave us a day to attend various importanty sites, Jade Factory (from raw Jade to finished Jade carved products and jewelery), Silk Factory (from Silk worm to finished Silk products), Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, and the highlight of this guided tour was a vist to the Great Wall at Badaling, China. The Hotel (an American) Crowne Plaza (adjacent to the 2008 Olympic Stadium, arranged these guided tours through another American company Grayline of Beijing, unlike they conduct tours in most American cities through a bus, but by a nice new Honda car, driven by a Chinese Chaufer, and a Pleasant young Chinese girl wel versed in Engish language to answer most of our question which also provided lunch (based on our choice).
      I would highly recommend to all a visit to China to dispel our image and the contnued progress of China inspite of all the bad news we hear on the TV and printed media. It was a most enjoyable trip (11.5 hours from Los Angeles to Tokyo, and 3.5 hours from Tokyo to Bejing). People are very courteous and helpful. Food and taxis are dirt cheap, except the lodging, which is worth the visit - much better than many other Hotels.
      Bashir A. Syed
      Vice President, R&D
      EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
      1120 NASA Parkway, Suite 220W