China solar hot water

  • J. P. Malone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006

      I have provide a link to a lengthy article below on how China is using solar hot water heaters.  I would guess the US does not have 30 households using solar hot water.

      http://today.reuters.com/business/newsArticle.aspx?type=ousiv&storyid=2006-06-04T012846Z_01_PEK298574_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESSPRO-ENERGY-CHINA-SOLAR-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=InvArt-R3-MostViewedBiz-1

      company has earned a fortune manufacturing solar heaters, relatively low-tech rooftop devices which capture the sun's energy to provide water for baths and washing and are at the forefront of a renewable energy drive.

      At least 30 million Chinese households now have one and last year the country accounted for around 80 percent of the world market, said Eric Martinot, visiting scholar at Beijing 's Tsinghua University . "We are at 15 to 20 percent annual growth and I don't see that slowing down." …

      See link for full article.

      J. Patrick Malone

    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
        Just FYI: If you have a really long URL like this, go to www.tinyurl.com and
        compact it:

        http://tinyurl.com/kn48n
        It's a lot easier to post. (And that is the same link as below, BTW).

        Paul

        8:04am, J. P. Malone wrote:

        > I have provide a link to a lengthy article below on how China is using solar
        > hot water heaters. I would guess the US does not have 30 households using
        > solar hot water.
        >
        > HYPERLINK
        > "http://today.reuters.com/business/newsArticle.aspx?type=ousiv&storyid=2006-
        > 06-04T012846Z_01_PEK298574_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESSPRO-ENERGY-CHINA-SOLAR-DC.XML&W
        > TmodLoc=InvArt-R3-MostViewedBiz-1"http://today.reuters.com/business/newsArti
        > cle.aspx?type=ousiv&storyid=2006-06-04T012846Z_01_PEK298574_RTRIDST_0_BUSINE
        > SSPRO-ENERGY-CHINA-SOLAR-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=InvArt-R3-MostViewedBiz-1
        >

        > …company has earned a fortune manufacturing solar heaters, relatively
        > low-tech rooftop devices which capture the sun's energy to provide water for
        > baths and washing and are at the forefront of a renewable energy drive.
        > At least 30 million Chinese households now have one and last year the
        > country accounted for around 80 percent of the world market, said Eric
        > Martinot, visiting scholar at Beijing's Tsinghua University. "We are at 15
        > to 20 percent annual growth and I don't see that slowing down." …
        > See link for full article.
        >

        > J. Patrick Malone
        >

        > --

        "Fun's over fellows. If you're going to beat up my friends
        in my bar, there's a two-drink minimum." -- Moe --
      • J. P. Malone
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
          Paul,
          Thanks.