RE: [hreg] Another idea you probably won't like to save fuel

  • n/ a
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2006

      not really.  your sitting around a coffee table or some such thing touting lovely visions based on absolutely not one fact.

      and apparently you do it late on a friday evening.

      girl, have another glass of red, but do not, ever, tell anyone you are going to save them a dime through your version/understanding of building systems or energy saving methods.  you just can't do it.

      if you could, you would.  very simple.

      you don't, you can't, you won't, so go ahead and have a smoke.

      From: "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleencarrier@...>
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Another idea you probably won't like to save fuel
      Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:39:52 -0500

      I happen to be supporting someone?s constructive thoughts in a friendly way.? A skill that you might consider looking into. . .??

      ?

      You crack me up . . .? thanks for the smile? - twice J???

      ?

      From: "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleencarrier@...>
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:00:36 -0500

      A 55 speed limit would also encourage people to live closer to where they
      work, saving additional gas.? Not a bad idea. . . .??? Government "controls"
      are always a touchy issue.? The individual has to be willing to sacrifice
      for the good of the whole, and we are just not used to thinking that way
      (anymore).?

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2006
        8:31pm, n/ a wrote:

        > 55 would encourage people to live closer to where they work????
        >

        > obviously, you have been asleep for the last 20 years, when 55 was the rule, not the exception.

        Well, considering I was 17 twenty years ago, and living in a smaller
        town...would you care to elaborate? (Or would you prefer, as below, to
        simply berate?)

        > girl... just what is your thought process on all this stuff?
        >
        > ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
        > From: "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleencarrier@...>
        > To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [hreg] Another idea you probably won't like to save fuel
        > Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:00:36 -0500
        >
        > A 55 speed limit would also encourage people to live closer to where they
        > work, saving additional gas.? Not a bad idea. . . .??? Government "controls"
        > are always a touchy issue.? The individual has to be willing to sacrifice
        > for the good of the whole, and we are just not used to thinking that way
        > (anymore).?

        Jan Lewis, one of Microsoft's earliest employees, provides this
        helpful translation of Judge Jackson's 43-page opinion into "Windowese":

        You have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
      • Paul Archer
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2006
          Speaking of "not one fact"... Where are yours? Or is condescension all you
          have for us "late on a friday evening."

          8:43pm, n/ a wrote:

          > not really. your sitting around a coffee table or some such thing touting lovely visions based on absolutely not one fact.
          >

          > and apparently you do it late on a friday evening.
          >

          > girl, have another glass of red, but do not, ever, tell anyone you are going to save them a dime through your version/understanding
          > of building systems or energy saving methods. you just can't do it.
          >

          > if you could, you would. very simple.
          >

          > you don't, you can't, you won't, so go ahead and have a smoke.
          >

          > ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
          > From: "Kathleen Carrier" <kathleencarrier@...>
          > To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: RE: [hreg] Another idea you probably won't like to save fuel
          > Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:39:52 -0500
          >
          > I happen to be supporting someone?s constructive thoughts in a friendly way.? A skill that you might consider looking
          > into. . .??
          >
          > ?
          >
          > You crack me up . . .? thanks for the smile? - twice J???
          >
          > ?
          >

          > ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

          Reporter: "What do you think will be the biggest problem
          in computing in the 90's?"
          Paul Boutin: "There are only 17,000 three-letter acronyms."
        • Michael Ewert
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2006

            n/a,

            You will be banned from the HREG group if you make any more rude comments or stray from our topic.  Please play nice and help rather than criticize.

            Thank you,

            Mike

            HREG president