Climate Protection events

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      On June 4th Samantha Hechtman from Public Citizen in Austin, will
      speak about global warming and what you can do to help. The talk will
      address the warning signs of global warming in Texas as well as
      everyday practices to make a difference. Public Citizen is working
      across the state to call attention to this critical issue and now is
      your chance to get involved. Please join us to organize our
      communities around climate protection.

      Also, we'll hear Betin Santos, of Environmental Defense, briefly
      explain their Houston projects that cut down greenhouse gas
      emissions: for big trucks, providing electricity at truckstops so
      they don't have to idle the motors. This is a win-win. Truckers
      save money. Truckstops earn money. The public has less air
      pollution. EDF also is working for cleaner diesel for school buses.

      The meeting will be June 4th at 2:30 pm at First Unitarian
      Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin at Southmore in room 207. For more
      information, call Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 or NanHildreth@...

      ALSO: On June 9th the Al Gore movie " An Inconvenient Truth" will
      open at the River Oaks Theater. This movie is a good introduction to
      the issues of global warming. There will be another meeting on June
      10th as a follow up to the film. This meeting is designed to answer
      questions, express concerns, and further organize and moblize our
      communities aruond this issue. This meeting wil be at 10am, Saturday
      June 10th at First Unitarian Universalist Church, 5200 Fannin. For
      more information, call Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 or NanHildreth@...

      Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...
      3939 Luca St. Houston, Tx 77021

      "Life is a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward
      change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is
      strength undefeatable."
      Helen Keller