RE: [hreg] ???

  • Steve Stelzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2000
      This is probably very good. The John Koros of HCFCD has presented his flood
      control plan for Houston at the CEC before. I think the direction is
      fantastic. I would be willing to bet that this partnership will come up
      with a place that we will all be proud of. They are trying to put
      recreational facilities in the flood zones and keep residential & commercial
      development out. They want the recreational facilities to be wonderful and
      inviting to the public. I think Mercer Arboretum (correct me if I am wrong)
      was built in the flood plain in a way it could be easily restored if
      flooded, which it was, and it was restored for low cost.

      Steve Stelzer