Is it just me?

  • N. S.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2006
      Or has the point been lost on some people? I have
      heard nonesense in my time, but somebody please tell
      me these people are not sniffing paint?

      Lawsuit seeks to stop wind farm

      BLOOMINGTON -- A Bloomington attorney compared a $500
      million wind farm set for construction in eastern
      McLean County to a psychedelic disco party that will
      have nearby residents vomiting in their back yards.

      In a lawsuit filed last week, attorney Jack Vieley
      accuses the McLean County Board and Horizon Wind
      Energy of ignoring or downplaying the potential
      dangers of the facility, including high voltage,
      cancer risk and noise and shadow pollution, among
      other complaints.

      He’s representing Lawrence and Rene Taylor, an
      Ellsworth family living near the future Twin Groves
      Wind Farm. Vieley is seeking an administrative review
      of the project to delay or potentially prohibit
      construction.

      Vieley also seeks to force Horizon to pay fair market
      value for his clients’ home, claiming the Taylors’
      quality of life and property value have been
      diminished.

      Horizon chief development officer Michael Skelly noted
      the numerous safety and noise assessment studies on
      this project.

      They can be viewed online at www.horizonwind.com.

      "There are some extensive studies that have been done
      on the impacts of this project. It’s fairly clear that
      we’re not hiding anything from anybody," Skelly said.

      "Sometimes people have issues and it’s a subjective
      thing," Skelly said. "We work with a lot of
      (residents) to alleviate these concerns with
      landscaping. The landscaping is typically focused
      around people’s yards so the wind farm is less
      noticeable."

      Assistant State’s Attorney Brian Hug said the county
      provided ample notice and time for residents to
      express concerns before the county approved the
      project. The County Board also read an adequate amount
      of research on the safety aspects of the project, he
      said.

      Vieley said moving shadows from up to 267 turbines
      will have a hypnotizing effect and likely make nearby
      residents nauseous.

      "It has a psychedelic effect. I’ve been to disco
      parties where there are flashing lights or strobe
      lights and people have had to go outside to vomit. I
      think that’s what will happen here. You’ll have people
      vomiting in their back yards," said Vieley, who said
      he expects more Ellsworth residents to join the case.

      "If a tornado came through here, you could have mass
      destruction or mass death if one of these things came
      cycling through town," he added. "I’m telling you, if
      some kid gets cut by one of these blades or someone is
      injured, you’ll say, ‘Old Jack wasn’t so crazy.'"

      Construction should begin within the next month,
      Skelly said, and the farm should be partially
      operational this fall. The farm is expected to provide
      energy to around 120,000 homes.

      http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...1019768302.txt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Charles L. Seaman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2006
> [...]
        >
        > Vieley said moving shadows from up to 267 turbines
        > will have a hypnotizing effect and likely make nearby
        > residents nauseous.
        >
        > "It has a psychedelic effect. I’ve been to disco
        > parties where there are flashing lights or strobe
        > lights and people have had to go outside to vomit. I
        > think that’s what will happen here. You’ll have people
        > vomiting in their back yards," said Vieley, who said
        > he expects more Ellsworth residents to join the case.
        >
        > "If a tornado came through here, you could have mass
        > destruction or mass death if one of these things came
        > cycling through town," he added. "I’m telling you, if
        > some kid gets cut by one of these blades or someone is
        > injured, you’ll say, ‘Old Jack wasn’t so crazy.'"
        >
        > Construction should begin within the next month,
        > Skelly said, and the farm should be partially
        > operational this fall. The farm is expected to provide

        Sorry, "OLD Jack" is just crazy.
        Charles L. Seaman, Hou., Tx
      • Roxanne Boyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
          Tell the locals the wind farm can be replaced with a nuclear power plant or a coal power plant -their choice.