Re: Is anybody interested

  • karen_karner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 4:03 PM
      Hello folks,

      Until two months ago I was employed
      in the geothermal energy group at a
      DOE national lab. I had to leave that
      job because Mister President decided
      to zero out the DOE budget for the
      entire DOE geothermal energy program.

      Point of fact, not only has Bush the
      desire to zero out DOE's geothermal
      energy budget...he has pushed (and won,
      in several instances) to:
      1. extinguish the DOE hydropower program;
      2. severely cut DOE funding for research
      into advanced use of fossil fuels
      (i.e. better use of these fuels);
      3. cut funding for DOE's wind power program;
      4. slashed by 2/3 the DOE budget for renewable
      energy and energy efficiency programs;
      5. cut funding for the climate change science
      program.

      These six significant budget cuts are a
      minor fraction of the full scope of damage
      that this administration has inflicted on
      DOE programs over the past few years.

      The only programs to benefit..."nucular",
      solar, and hydrogen fuel cells.

      Hence, in my humble opinion the 2007 State
      of the Union address and any "initiative"
      from the administration are purely lip
      service.

      Regards to all,
      Steve Karner