Trailer for "Who Killed the Electric Car?" - movie coming soon

  • chasmauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2006
    • John Miggins
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2006
        It would be nice to have an electric car option in Houston, beyond the hybrids, the pure electric cars were pretty good and more economical than gas.

        John Miggins
        Harvest Solar & Wind Power
        "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
        www.harvest-energy.com
        Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
          > It would be nice to have an electric car option in Houston, beyond the
          > hybrids, the pure electric cars were pretty good and more economical than
          >gas.

          try this one.
          http://www.evoftexas.com/conversions/1980-vw-rabbit/index.html

          looks nice to me. If I didnt laready have one I would concider this one.

          John Miggins
          >& Wind Power
          >"renewable solutions to everyday needs"
          >www.harvest-energy.com
          >Phone/Fax 918-743-2299
          >Cell: 918-521-6223
          > ----- Original Message ----- From: chasmauch@... To:
          >houstonpeakoil@... ; hreg@yahoogroups.com Sent:
          >Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:35 PM Subject: [hreg] Trailer for "Who
          >Killed the Electric Car?" - movie coming soon
          > Trailer for new movie:
          >http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

          > Renewable energy Renewable energy
          >resources Renewable energy sources
          > Renewable
          >energy system Renewable energy credit
          > Renewable energy news
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

        • Roxanne Boyer
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2006
            I think there is a good possibility that the electric car will return.

          • deviant
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
              Some may say that pulling the plug on life support is murder.

              The pure electric cars such as the EV1 were a fabrication made by
              the collaboration of government and auto makers trying to appease
              the public with a product that went against the grain of free
              enterprise capitalism. Yes, if the government supplies
              enough "incentives" on both sides they can create a balance between
              supply and demand that makes something appear economical. However,
              they eventually change their direction with the wandering whim of
              the public, and the house of cards falls down.

              I would love for there to be a large market of efficient electric
              vehicles. Actually, today one can buy a production vehicle that
              also promotes the short range and lower speeds - an NEV like the GEM.

              If someone wants an electric car bad enough, they can make one or
              commission someone else to do it. Here is a great organization of
              folks who have gotten their hands dirty and love to share what they
              know:

              http://www.heaa.org/
            • Jim & Janet
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
                If you would like another perspective on EV's, the California initiative to phase in (zero emissions was the goal) electric cars, read the current issue of Home Power magazine. The sidebar on page 20 tells the story.
                An NPR radio broadcast www link, maybe 6 months ago on one of the TXSES Chapter yahoo sites, played the nationally broadcast segment of protesters trying to stop the Ford Motor Co. from hauling off and crushing their fleet of production electric cars. Owners, actually leasees, and non-owners alike were angry that the cars were removed from circulation against the wishes of the public.
                The saying is: "It is hard to make a man understand your point of view when his salary depends on him not understanding it."
                Jim Duncan