[hreg] Re: Electric Restructuring - Rules in Review

  • Chuck Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 1999
      Kathryn Houser wrote:

      > Many of our individual members are extremely involved in the rule making
      > process, particularly those who live here in Austin where most of the
      > action is taking place. We have signed on a few position papers along
      > with many other associations and businesses. We are actually having the
      > Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA) take the lead on
      > this, as policy making is part of their mission more specifically than
      > TXSES--one of the reasons we both exist, with many joint members.
      > Kathryn

      There is always the concern over how much it is appropriate for TXSES,
      as a 501C3 non-profit, and who's official mission is education, to become
      involved in trying to influence policy. I don't think we understand this
      much.
      But, we have tended to shy away from putting the TXSES name behind
      specific policy recommendations. I find it tough to know what the right
      thing
      to do is. As Kathryn says, it makes a lot of sense for us to let TREIA
      handle that end of it (realizing that there is a certain amount of overlap
      in the memberships!).

      - Chuck