Re: [hreg] ???

  • Andrew McCalla
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2000
      Inherently evil I'm sure.

      At 05:10 PM 11/17/00 -0600, you wrote:
      >Is this good or bad? Marge
      >Waterhole Greenway Project, an innovative, multi-agency partnership that
      >will create a stormwater detention basin incorporating beautiful parkland
      >near Brays Bayou. Texas Parks & Wildlife, Houston Parks and Recreation
      >Department, and Harris County Flood Control District are sponsoring the
      >project, which is located at 5202 S. Willow Dr. Please RSVP to (713)
      >845-1330.
      >
      >*****************************

    • Marjorie N Wood
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2000
        grin. Yesterday wa sfun for me; hope things are going okay with you. It
        was nice to see old friends, esp. Billy McCormick from Snyder--oldest of
        a big bunch of nice guys. Hadn't seen him prolly since 1957.
        mw

        On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:47:57 -0600 Andrew McCalla
        <andrew@...> writes:
        > Inherently evil I'm sure.
        >

        > At 05:10 PM 11/17/00 -0600, you wrote:
        > >Is this good or bad? Marge
        > >Waterhole Greenway Project, an innovative, multi-agency partnership
        > that
        > >will create a stormwater detention basin incorporating beautiful
        > parkland
        > >near Brays Bayou. Texas Parks & Wildlife, Houston Parks and
        > Recreation
        > >Department, and Harris County Flood Control District are sponsoring
        > the
        > >project, which is located at 5202 S. Willow Dr. Please RSVP to
        > (713)
        > >845-1330.
        > >
        > >*****************************

      • Steve Stelzer
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2000
          This is probably very good. The John Koros of HCFCD has presented his flood
          control plan for Houston at the CEC before. I think the direction is
          fantastic. I would be willing to bet that this partnership will come up
          with a place that we will all be proud of. They are trying to put
          recreational facilities in the flood zones and keep residential & commercial
          development out. They want the recreational facilities to be wonderful and
          inviting to the public. I think Mercer Arboretum (correct me if I am wrong)
          was built in the flood plain in a way it could be easily restored if
          flooded, which it was, and it was restored for low cost.

          Steve Stelzer