RE: [hreg] Next HREG Meeting

  • Dan from Texas
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17, 2000
      December 3rd is Ok with me.
      Dan Stuettgen
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jonathan Clemens [mailto:jclem412@...]
      Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 11:53 AM
      To: hreg@egroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Next HREG Meeting

      HREG,

      We are approaching our regularly scheduled General Meeting date (November 26).  Due to special circumstances, I would like to propose that we move the meeting to December 3, the following Sunday.  Our VP, Oral Lafleur, will be out of town through November 27, the 26th is on Thanksgiving weekend (many may be out of town), and the December 3 date is good for our featured speaker, Mack Mansfield, from HL&P.

      A preliminary agenda:

      2:00    Open Discussion
                  re: Jonathan's trip to NREL
                  re: Roundup Report, etc.
      2:30    Featured Speaker - Mack Mansfield (HL&P)
                  re: Deregulation and related impacts
                  re: PV in the electric industry
      3:30    Business Items - Planning (website update, etc.)
      4:00    Wrap-up

      To be fair, I am putting this proposed date change to a vote.  Regardless of the outcome, I will be glad to hold a meeting on Sunday November 26, but the logistics will be difficult without Oral around to open up the meeting room (2nd floor of the School of Technology at TSU).

      So, I presume the date change to December 3 is acceptable unless I hear from any of you that the change is a problem.  In the absence of positive support for the December 3 meeting date, I will make arrangements for a November 26 meeting.

      I see the process going this way.  First, members voice problems with the change.  Second, if other members see the problems, they may offer up support for the December 3 date.  Third, with lack of support for the change (that is, with a preponderance of support for keeping the original date), I will proceed with the scheduled date of November 26.

      In legal schmegal terms, preponderance means more so than not.  That is, if 50% or more of the comments support the 26th, then we stay with it.

      Thank you.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
      (281) 335-1155

    • John A Fields