???

  • Marjorie N Wood
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2000
      Is this good or bad? Marge
      Waterhole Greenway Project, an innovative, multi-agency partnership that
      will create a stormwater detention basin incorporating beautiful parkland
      near Brays Bayou. Texas Parks & Wildlife, Houston Parks and Recreation
      Department, and Harris County Flood Control District are sponsoring the
      project, which is located at 5202 S. Willow Dr. Please RSVP to (713)
      845-1330.

      *****************************
    • Andrew McCalla
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2000
        Inherently evil I'm sure.

        At 05:10 PM 11/17/00 -0600, you wrote:
        >Is this good or bad? Marge
        >Waterhole Greenway Project, an innovative, multi-agency partnership that
        >will create a stormwater detention basin incorporating beautiful parkland
        >near Brays Bayou. Texas Parks & Wildlife, Houston Parks and Recreation
        >Department, and Harris County Flood Control District are sponsoring the
        >project, which is located at 5202 S. Willow Dr. Please RSVP to (713)
        >845-1330.
        >
        >*****************************

      • Marjorie N Wood
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2000
          grin. Yesterday wa sfun for me; hope things are going okay with you. It
          was nice to see old friends, esp. Billy McCormick from Snyder--oldest of
          a big bunch of nice guys. Hadn't seen him prolly since 1957.
          mw

          On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:47:57 -0600 Andrew McCalla
          <andrew@...> writes:
          > Inherently evil I'm sure.
          >

          > At 05:10 PM 11/17/00 -0600, you wrote:
          > >Is this good or bad? Marge
          > >Waterhole Greenway Project, an innovative, multi-agency partnership
          > that
          > >will create a stormwater detention basin incorporating beautiful
          > parkland
          > >near Brays Bayou. Texas Parks & Wildlife, Houston Parks and
          > Recreation
          > >Department, and Harris County Flood Control District are sponsoring
          > the
          > >project, which is located at 5202 S. Willow Dr. Please RSVP to
          > (713)
          > >845-1330.
          > >
          > >*****************************

        • Steve Stelzer
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2000
            This is probably very good. The John Koros of HCFCD has presented his flood
            control plan for Houston at the CEC before. I think the direction is
            fantastic. I would be willing to bet that this partnership will come up
            with a place that we will all be proud of. They are trying to put
            recreational facilities in the flood zones and keep residential & commercial
            development out. They want the recreational facilities to be wonderful and
            inviting to the public. I think Mercer Arboretum (correct me if I am wrong)
            was built in the flood plain in a way it could be easily restored if
            flooded, which it was, and it was restored for low cost.

            Steve Stelzer