Re: [Spam] [hreg] renewable fuel source vehicles

  • Roy Holder
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      At 02:36 PM 5/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      > I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles. Two come
      >immediately to mind. Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle.

      there are several commercial kits for this(s-10 and ranger pickups)

      >have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.
      > A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250
      >from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And
      >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.

      define 'high voltage'?

      >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a
      >pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff" what are the negatives?

      conversion cost and range.

      > JJM

      > Houston texas attorney Houston
      >texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas
      >web site design
      > Houston texas mover Houston
      >texas swimming pool builder Houston
      >texas apartment
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

    • Roy Holder
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        a few resources for you.

        http://www.kta-ev.com/
        http://www.austinev.org/

        and there is a company in houston that does conversions.
        I have 1 of their products. its been a while since Ive seen him.
        Ken bancroft, last known phone# 713-729-8668

        EV of Texas in san marcos has a VW conversion available, if you want to
        learn about them some first.
        http://www.evoftexas.com/conversions/1980-vw-rabbit/index.html

        Lastly, the trading post on Aistin EV has a ERanger for sale in CA.
        http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/

        There is a lot to learn about an EV before you convert.

        At 02:36 PM 5/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
        > I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles. Two come
        >immediately to mind. Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle. I
        >have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.
        > A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250
        >from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And
        >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.
        >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a
        >pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff" what are the negatives?
        > JJM

        > Houston texas attorney Houston
        >texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas
        >web site design
        > Houston texas mover Houston
        >texas swimming pool builder Houston
        >texas apartment
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

      • Gutiérrez Christaud Juan Carlos
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2006
             I found this page in the internet about the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition, and I think you will find it most interresting.

          "60 Minutes" on CBS will be airing a story on Sunday, May 7 on ethanol and its potential for reducing the amount of oil the U.S. imports at 7:00 ET/PT.

          Juan Carlos Gutiérrez

          james mckethen <james@...> escribió:
          I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles.

          Two come immediately to mind.

          Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle. I have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.

          A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250 from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.
          I am actually thinking of going with both, having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff"

          Is there anyone from this list that has ventured this way? What were your experiences? what are the negatives?

          JJM

          Correo Yahoo!