renewable fuel source vehicles

  • james mckethen
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles.

      Two come immediately to mind.

      Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle. I have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.

      A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250 from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.
      I am actually thinking of going with both, having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff"

      Is there anyone from this list that has ventured this way? What were your experiences? what are the negatives?

      JJM
    • Roy Holder
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        At 02:36 PM 5/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
        > I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles. Two come
        >immediately to mind. Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle.

        there are several commercial kits for this(s-10 and ranger pickups)

        >have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.
        > A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250
        >from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And
        >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.

        define 'high voltage'?

        >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a
        >pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff" what are the negatives?

        conversion cost and range.

        > JJM

        > Houston texas attorney Houston
        >texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas
        >web site design
        > Houston texas mover Houston
        >texas swimming pool builder Houston
        >texas apartment
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

      • Roy Holder
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2006
          a few resources for you.

          http://www.kta-ev.com/
          http://www.austinev.org/

          and there is a company in houston that does conversions.
          I have 1 of their products. its been a while since Ive seen him.
          Ken bancroft, last known phone# 713-729-8668

          EV of Texas in san marcos has a VW conversion available, if you want to
          learn about them some first.
          http://www.evoftexas.com/conversions/1980-vw-rabbit/index.html

          Lastly, the trading post on Aistin EV has a ERanger for sale in CA.
          http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/

          There is a lot to learn about an EV before you convert.

          At 02:36 PM 5/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
          > I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles. Two come
          >immediately to mind. Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle. I
          >have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.
          > A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250
          >from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And
          >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.
          >having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a
          >pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff" what are the negatives?
          > JJM

          > Houston texas attorney Houston
          >texas bankruptcy lawyer Houston texas
          >web site design
          > Houston texas mover Houston
          >texas swimming pool builder Houston
          >texas apartment
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > Visit your group "hreg" on the web.

        • Gutiérrez Christaud Juan Carlos
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2006
               I found this page in the internet about the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition, and I think you will find it most interresting.

            "60 Minutes" on CBS will be airing a story on Sunday, May 7 on ethanol and its potential for reducing the amount of oil the U.S. imports at 7:00 ET/PT.

            Juan Carlos Gutiérrez

            james mckethen <james@...> escribió:
            I am interested in renewable fuel source vehicles.

            Two come immediately to mind.

            Electric Vehicle such as a converted dc vehicle. I have tow donor vehicles. And I have the capability to convert the vehicle.

            A heated vegetable oil/diesel vehicle. . Being able to convert a f250 from Evil vehicle to an environmentally acceptable one sounds nice. And having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school.
            I am actually thinking of going with both, having a high voltage electric for picking up the kids from school. And a pickup truck to go camping and hauling "stuff"

            Is there anyone from this list that has ventured this way? What were your experiences? what are the negatives?

            JJM

            Correo Yahoo!