Re: [hreg] Renewable Energy Discussion on the Radio

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2006
      The exhibit booths at the Austin held Solar 2003 Conference had big posters regarding the Solar II Technology at the Boeing Booth. This was first inkling that Boeing was not going to be left behind in sharing the big pieceof RE pie.
      Yes, I am familiar with Archimedes ideas, including this as well as his running naked from the swimming pool yelling Eureka! Eureka! I spoke to my friends at Sandia and they felt quite bad and told me till the U.S. Government removes those sanctions, they could not even talk. In December 2005, I spoke to them about the Solar Thermal technology again, but this time they said yes, with a caveat that these countries must first become members of International Energy Society, and then we can talk. I stiil don't know what was the deal with Boeing. Perhaps Sandia wanted the money and the only way was to get it through selling Solar II to Boeing, to give them entry in the RE business to compete with SHELL (PV), BP (PV), and GE(PV & Wind), Boeing (Solar Thermal), to retain the whole RE pie all in the family.

      Bashir A. Syed