[hreg] Re: Electric Restructuring - Rules in Review

  • Kathryn Houser
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 1999
      Ewert, Mike wrote:

      > Jonathan, I looked at some of the proceedings of the PUC on the web
      > page you sent us. I must admit that this is a new area for me and I
      > don't understand much of it. I think that may be the case with many
      > of our members. Nevertheless, it does seem appropriate for HREG to be
      > involved and comment. So, I for one, would like to see your draft
      > comments. Kathryn Houser, has TXSES made or planned to make comments?

      Many of our individual members are extremely involved in the rule making
      process, particularly those who live here in Austin where most of the
      action is taking place. We have signed on a few position papers along
      with many other associations and businesses. We are actually having the
      Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA) take the lead on
      this, as policy making is part of their mission more specifically than
      TXSES--one of the reasons we both exist, with many joint members.
      Kathryn
    • Chuck Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 1999
        Kathryn Houser wrote:

        > Many of our individual members are extremely involved in the rule making
        > process, particularly those who live here in Austin where most of the
        > action is taking place. We have signed on a few position papers along
        > with many other associations and businesses. We are actually having the
        > Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA) take the lead on
        > this, as policy making is part of their mission more specifically than
        > TXSES--one of the reasons we both exist, with many joint members.
        > Kathryn

        There is always the concern over how much it is appropriate for TXSES,
        as a 501C3 non-profit, and who's official mission is education, to become
        involved in trying to influence policy. I don't think we understand this
        much.
        But, we have tended to shy away from putting the TXSES name behind
        specific policy recommendations. I find it tough to know what the right
        thing
        to do is. As Kathryn says, it makes a lot of sense for us to let TREIA
        handle that end of it (realizing that there is a certain amount of overlap
        in the memberships!).

        - Chuck